Most Important Festival Of Guru Raghavendra Swamy For The Year 2023

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by nsairam, Aug 11, 2023.

1. nsairam

nsairam Silver IL'ite

Dear Brothers and Sisters,

Om Sri Raghavendraya Namaha

I am grateful to our Dear Raghavendra Swamy for using me as an instrument to share with you all the most important festival observed in the Sri Raghavendra Swamy mutt in Mantralayam and in the mutts elsewhere in India and abroad. The festival is also known as Maha Aradhana – commemorating the entry of Guru Raghavendra Swamy into the Samadhi alive.

Raghavendra Aradhana in 2023 is the 352nd Aradhana Mahotsava of Sri Guru Raghavendra Swamy. It is the day when Guru entered Brindavan.

The Raghavendra Aradhana 2023 will be held at Mantralayam on September 1.

Thursday, August 31 : Poorva Aradhane
    Friday, September 1 : Madhya Aradhane
    Saturday, September 2 : Uttara Aradhane

Meaning of the term Aradhana for Raghavendra Devotees - Aradhana is the day when Raghavendra Swamy entered the Brindavan for his Samadhi. Raghavendra Swami Aradhana is the day when Rayaru entered Brindavana alive and he is continuing there for about 700 years.

It is widely believed that Raghavendra Swamy is a manifestation o Prahlada, one of the greatest bhaktas of Vishnu.

On the final day, Guru went through his daily rituals and delivered his last discourse to a large gathering of devotees. “I would be parting only my body but would be present physically to safeguard the welfare of all” was the last message Guru Sri Raghavendra Swamy gave before entering into the Brindavana.

Simha Vahana savari is held on the Poorva Aradhana day.

The Madhya Aradhana day is famous for the Maha Panchamrutha Abhisheka.

The Uttara Aradhana day is famous for the Swarna Rathotsava.

One of the key features of the Aradhana is the offering of Sheshavastram of Bhagavan Venkateswara Swami offered by the Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanams (TTD) authorities to the Brindavana of Sri Raghavendra Swamy every year.

The Sheshavastram brought by a team of officials and priests from Tirupati Balaji Temple is received by the mutt head and place on the Brindavana and a special Panchamrutha Abhisheka is performed on the occasion.

Guru Raghavendra is really merciful and Worshipping Him on the Aradhana days would help us to get His Blesssings for all of our family and wish all to live a peaceful, healthy, wealthy and secured life.

We can do any of these SEVA to Him which would really help us to get His blessings easily.

1. Pooja,
    2. Visiting His Shrine,
    3. Doing Anna Dhana to poor people,
    4. Seva such as Sangalpa Sevai, Pradhakshana Sevai, Anga Pradhakshana Sevai
    5. Chanting His Nama,
    6. Reciting His Guru Sostra,
    7. Singing Devotional Songs on Him

Sri Raghavendra Swamy, Please bless all of us and enlighten us.

Thanks
    Sairam

joylokhi likes this.