Morning Sickness - Worried about not getting enough nutrition

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by Anugha, Oct 4, 2010.

1. Anugha

Anugha New IL'ite

Hi, I am 6 weeks pregnant and morning sickness has kicked in real hard. I can't seem to eat anything other than khichdi with some curd and bananas (around 4 bananas daily). At night I can manage one chapatti with dal and one vegetable (usually gobhi or beans). For breakfast, I sometimes try to eat methi/palak paratha (cooked in very little oil with curd) and try to have at least half an apple or pear every day. The very thought of milk, and other fruits makes me sick. Ever since we've been trying for a baby (almost six months back), I've been eating very well - eggs, oats, dry fruits, green veggies and non-veg etc., and now that I am actually pregnant, I can't seem to eat anything. I am very worried about not getting enough nutrition. Please let me know if I am putting my baby's health at risk. I am also taking folic acid supplement. Please advise.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2010

2. Happysoul1234

Happysoul1234 Gold IL'ite

don't worry!

at this stage your baby is really really tiny, about the size of a bean and does not need much nutrition and will get all the needs met from your body's stores of nutrition. only in the 2nd trimester do you need to worry but by then the nausea will have stopped and you will do much better!

From week 6 to week 12 of my pregnancy I had nausea but no vomitting. I lost 11 pounds of weight. But I gained it all back plus another 25 pounds in the rest of my pregnancy and my child was born healthy. one of my friends was on bedrest and medicines her entire pregnancy because even if she drank water, she would puke. her daughter is strong as a horse!

so don't worry, jsut hand in there. around week 12, the nausea will dissipate instantaneously and you can eat to your heart's content!

3. nebpharm

nebpharm Bronze IL'ite

thanks for the advice , even i was worried as its very tough for me too to have a proper meal these days . I feel nauseated whole day n wish my whole meal days come soon . its kinda a mental pressure on me to eat n when i cant its very irritatin.

4. bhavanaxyz

bhavanaxyz New IL'ite

Hi Anugha,
    First of all Congratulations!
    You can try taking 2 teaspoonfuls of Madiphala rasayana three times a day with water half an hour before meals.This is an Ayurvedic medicine which can be used very safely for morning sickness. You can get it it from any Ayurvedic medical store.This can be taken along with allopathic medicines also.
    Take care,
    bhavanaxyz

5. Anugha

Anugha New IL'ite

Thanks a bunch ladies!! Your responses are truly comforting! I'm at peace now and look forward to reaching the 12-week milestone! :)