1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Monkey Mania to Cranky Monkey

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by priyaiyengar, Mar 17, 2011.

1. priyaiyengar

priyaiyengar New IL'ite

Dear friends,

After reading the title, you people may think summer is showing its showing over Priya. I will explain you the real emotional reason for choosing this title.

An incident before marriage (someone give me a tortoise coil so that I can take you to those flashback scenes), me and my family went for shopping. The moment I entered a shop, I was attracted by a monkey toy rolling on its own by holding its right hand on the branch of a tree. I immediately turned towards my father and asked for the one, forgetting that I am in my 20s and not just 2. He laughed at me and said “it will look odd if we place it in the showcase and more or less you are not a kid”. “What is there to feel odd Priya????????” , I asked myself.

An incident after my engagement and before marriage (another coil please); one day while talking with my DH over phone, he put up a question “Do you like soft toys, nowadays young girls like teddy bear know….shall I get you one as a gift.” Oh my god, why this guy is asking these questions and all. Moreover, if I answer his question, for sure he will laugh at me. Poor Priya cleared her throat to tell the truth that she likes only monkey toy. As expected, the moment I told the truth, he laughed at me and said in a husky voice “me too”. Hey that is great, so at last we found a common interest (usually if he says north means I will say south, till now). He went to abroad for six months before marriage and when he returned back he brought four monkey toys, one is white, one is black, one is brown and another one is so cute and it just looked like a real monkey.

After marriage (last coil please), we decorated the living room with those four monkeys. After one and a half years, when we were ready to welcome our little prince, my MIL asked us to put all the monkey toys over loft since she felt that it is not good to see monkey toys all the time during pregnancy. We accepted and did the same. After my son’s second birthday, we slowly took one monkey toy from the loft for him. He loved that very much and started to stay with it all the time, eating with it, sleeping with it, bathing with it, shopping with it, playing with it, more and more …..with it. Finally, the real-monkey like toy was so sick that it lost almost most of its hair-like fur, so we kept it again in the loft. My son was so angry because of this and started crying all the time, so we took another one (white color monkey toy). Now he is with that monkey but you know it always turns to brown or black (it needs more and more cleaning).

Other than this, he like monkeys a lot since it is very mischievous (you know, he is more mischievous than a monkey and making me cranky all day long).

Even while telling stories, he gives priority only to monkey stories. I have told him all the stories and incidents about monkeys, still he is asking more and more. Adding oil to the fuel, in his school also they have chosen “Lonely Monkey” for story telling session this week.

Now you see this poor Priya started hating monkeys and monkey toys.

I totally agree with the fact “a lot may take place over time.”:iagree

Prrrriiiiiyyyyyyaaaaaa

2. blissofmylife

blissofmylife Silver IL'ite

Ha ha.. good one.. I am literally laughing my heart out.. Currently, I am in a similar situation as urs.. MY DD is crazy about Dogs.. I am running short of ideas for story telling with her favourite Bow Bows..

3. maalti

maalti Gold IL'ite

Nice one Priya, my daughter used to have a teddy bear when she was young. She also used to bath, eat, and sleep with it. She is in the college now. Even now she keeps it on her table.

4. SARASVADIVU

SARASVADIVU Silver IL'ite

Hi priya,

Cute one dear:rotfl

Thanx for some healthy humour..of course it's not manners to laugh at your plight..but sorry yaar :biglaughcan't help laughing.

Keep rocking:thumbsup

:cheers
    SARAS

5. sreemanavaneeth

sreemanavaneeth Gold IL'ite

priayama,

Today is THURSDAY. Let me say JAI BOLO HANUMANUKI
    Your love towards Moneky is very nice and the impact
    was showed too much to your child. Hope your child
    will be highly talented in each and everything .

all the best and a nice article. I always enjoyed reading your blog dear.

6. Malar2301

Malar2301 Gold IL'ite

Dear Priya...

Wait let me laugh out loud :rotfl:biglaugh. I'm much attracted to this line "you people may think summer is showing its showing over Priya" :biglaugh

Thanks for such a humourous stuff.

7. priyaiyengar

priyaiyengar New IL'ite

Hi Blissofmylife
    It is nice to have someone in the same boat...ha ha ha
    priya

8. priyaiyengar

priyaiyengar New IL'ite

Hi Maalti
    Teddy Bear mania ha ha ha
    priya

9. priyaiyengar

priyaiyengar New IL'ite

Hi Sarasvadivu,
    Thanx for your encouragement.
    priya

10. priyaiyengar

priyaiyengar New IL'ite

Hi Sreemanavaneeth
    Thanx for reading even my blog and thanx for your applaud.
    priya