Money Transfer

Discussion in 'Indians in Doha' started by happy_feet, Jul 17, 2014.

1. happy_feet

happy_feet New IL'ite

Hello ladies,

I have one more question for you. What is the best way to transfer money to India?? To further simplify the process lets divide it in slabs like

The best way to transfer a sum of 1000qar – 4999qar
    The best way to transfer a sum of 5000qar – 9999qar
    And last to transfer a sum of 10000qar and above.

Please mention the merits and demerits, difficulty faced, losses and gains during the process like exchange rates etc in sending these amounts to India through different banks or money exchange services.

Any and every input will be very valuable.

Thanks

Last edited: Jul 17, 2014

2. MadhuSharmila

MadhuSharmila IL Hall of Fame

Hi happy_feet,

Whatever is the amount, we send it through the UAE Exchange. For the amounts we have sent between 1000 QAR - 10000 QAR, they charge an additional 15 or 20 QAR.
    And the amount gets credited the next day itself or in 2 days, depending on the holidays in between.

3. happy_feet

happy_feet New IL'ite

Hi Madhusharmila,

Thanks for the reply. I would want some additional information please –

Do they give the exact exchange rate that u see on net for that day, I means suppose u see at that time in net that exchange rate is say 1qar = 16.25inr, then do they give exactly that much or slight variation is there??
    Why i am asking this because before coming to doha, my hubby tried to buy some Qar in Mumbai airport (thomas cook money exchange) and they charged Rs22 for 1Qar when the exchange rate was less than Rs17 for 1 Qar.
    Some try to make money in that way. So this UAE exchange gives the exact exchange rate??

Next is for UAE Exchange do you need to go to some place, if yes then where? Or can u do it on-line also??

Any other ladies want to share any more information??

Thanks

4. AkilaViswanath

AkilaViswanath New IL'ite

Hi,

i heard from my husband that there are plenty of exchanges in doha. It is up to our interest to look out for the best rates and delivery time. It seems Zaman, Dar and lulu give rates better than others and transfer charge is usually 15-20 riyals depending on the bank and their tie ups here.Explore and if you are sending bulk amounts you can negotiate for best rates...

Last edited: Aug 29, 2014