1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Money alone speaks...

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by mithy232, May 10, 2010.

1. mithy232

mithy232 Silver IL'ite

I am damn shocked :shock:

Just now I returned from a private engineering college finishing off the bargain for 6lakhs. No, not for me. I went with my neighbor for her engineering admission. I am completely shocked to see people giving admission without marks been announced. MONEY alone matters. It made me think about my past.

I come from a simple middle class family. When I was in my 12th, we were almost poor. I studied so hard to get admission in a government medical college. But I didn't make it. When I cried to my mom to give me one more chance, she said I don't have money which is Rs.30,000. So I entered engineering in Anna University - it is a dream for many students. You know, in counselling while opting for the course, I chose a regular course which is too cheap. I missed even Biotechnology because it is self supporting and my family cannot afford it. My dreams all got shattered.

After entering the college, I saw many students who are all - the so called creamy layer of Tamil Nadu suffering to pay even the exam fee. I felt so bad and realized my life is far better to them. Today I realized the value of education I had. At this point, I would like to thank the Government for respecting hard work and giving me an opportunity to earn a degree in low cost. :bowdown

Now we are financially good but I am too far from achieving my dreams. This how life differs for each one. With money you can buy education, you can buy a groom...what not?! Everything is made easy. I hate this concept. Why money decides one's fate??! :bonk

Let the private colleges who are making money in crores help poor students too.

Last edited: May 10, 2010

2. Custard

Custard Gold IL'ite

Hello Mithy,

I agree with you 100%

thats sad :-(....

Dont know when education will be available to all.... only education will help in the development of oneself and as well as the nation....

Hope a big a change comes soon.

3. orion80

orion80 Platinum IL'ite

Mithy,

Things are so bad nowadays. It is not only professional courses but also regular schooling. Education is turning into money making industry for some greedy people. YOY the fees are hiked and without a reason. And we have to pay lot of x fee, y fee, z fee and a few more. :drowning

I feel so bad when the people who really deserve the education due to their intelligence and hard work are passed over for people who can shell out big bucks :rant

-Lakshmi

4. Pavithra55

Pavithra55 Gold IL'ite

hi Mithy,
    even i do agree your words. private colleges charge fee so much that the brilliant poor student cannot afford. my neighbour's servant son secured school first and now he is joined a garage and earns daily wage to help his mom as he cannot pay the fee charged by the college.:bonk

5. Ranise

Ranise Junior IL'ite

That's very true Mithy.

Private colleges have so many different kind of seats ( paid, management quota, NRI quota etc ) to make money. But the irony of the situation is most of this rich students who get in thru the management or NRI quota seldom attend classes, its like a seat wasted, it could have been given to a deserving candidate.

Regards
    Rani

6. Deepali_deepali

Deepali_deepali Gold IL'ite

Hi Mithy,

How are you? Proffessional education has become more of money making machines.. Here in North India, marks do not matter much..Its money which can let even a failed student to study a proffessional course.. Not talking about premier institutes but 90% of colleges have this scenario.

7. mithy232

mithy232 Silver IL'ite

Custard, Orion, Pavithra, Ranise, Deepali....Thanks all for your words! :cheers

Like Orion said, same thing is followed in Schools too. :eek:mg: before planning for a kid, everyone has to check the account balance.