1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Moms of 19 month old

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by shailey, Dec 21, 2007.

1. shailey

shailey New IL'ite

Hello Moms ,

I want to introduce my 19 month young beautiful daughter.She is very naughty and active.She can rhyme 1-10 counting,know her alphabets from A-F ,love to watch Barney,teletubbies,Curious George etc.She knows her body parts and knows kitchen appliances name.
    Regarding her feeding habits,She is a very picky eater.she dont like to drink milk and her weight is not upto the mark.

Please share your kids habits ,feeding habits and activities to make our kids grow together......

waiting eagerly for the replies...........................

2. Selvi

Selvi Senior IL'ite

Hi Shailey,

Nice to know abt ur daughter.

How come no replies here?

Mine is 20month son, he lovvvvvves Dora.. Whenever I switch on TV , he wants to watch dora. He tries to sing dora and diego title songs. He is learning his alphabets and numbers now.
    Its so fun hearing him imitating all words we speak. He shakes his shoulders and dances whenever he hears his rhymes.

Isn't it fun watching them grow?

:)

3. shailey

shailey New IL'ite

Hello Selvi,
    That's feel so good watching our kids grow together so fast having same habits and interests.Recently she started to watch elmo and kind of like them.She will try to ryme ""lalala its elmo world".Very funny. Is your son potty trained or more months to go..How he is doing with his feeding habits...My daughter is petite and dont eat well.

Share some to bring smiles...

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2008
  4. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Shailey & Selvi,

Let me also join you in sharing about my 19months old daughter - Kavya.

She loves watching her Rhymes DVDs, especially those Tamil songs for kids that I got from India. She has some favorites among those and I bribe her singing those favorites to give her bath, feed her and change her diapers :)

She only has about 7 to 10 words, but she will tell them loud and clear. Loves calling her Dad often 'Appa...appa", likes to dance for music, likes to listen to loud music (she isn't for melody), can't sit in a place for more than a sec, just would want to climb up and down the couch, bed, etc. When we make her lie down next to us, she behaves like a road roller, rolling all over us. It is just so much fun watching her being a busy body!

Oh...when it comes to feeding, she hates rice!! So my biggest worry is how do I feed her dhal, rasam or veggies? All she loves is Noodles, Pasta, Soups, boiled egg (no yolk), selective veggies (choice keeps changing everyday), sometimes chappatis, pooris and dosa. Likes to snack on Ritz cookies and Murukku(chakli). Her likes are mostly based on her Dad's choice of food. If he likes something, I can try with confidence that she may like it. If something in her Dad's 'don't like' list, then that's definitley 'NO NO' for Kavya. Such a mirroring of her Dad in looks, likes and characteristics.

I know I will go non-stop when it comes to talking about my little one, better I stop here and wait to read what others have got to say about their little ones.

Life has changed so much with the little ones around, isn't it???

Malathy

5. vidhyalakshmid

vidhyalakshmid IL Hall of Fame

Hi,
    My daughter is 18 months old. She keeps me engaged all the
    time. She likes to hear carnatic music very much.
    She identifies 5 or 6 alphabets when I name them.
    She loves her mickey and winnie the pooh soft toys.
    She hugs and kisses them.
    My husband says- Hereafter she is the boss and
    we have to adjust our schedule according to her
    sleeping, eating and playing etc.
    Oh! She loves to listen to my story reading. After I finished
    my reading, she grabs the book and she reads the
    story in her sweet gibberish voice. Actually she is not
    speaking much words, but she is eager to learn everything.
    I am eagerly waiting to hear her talk.
    She is a picky eater. She likes cheerios and bananas.
    We moms can talk episodes and episodes about our kids .

6. shailey

shailey New IL'ite

Good to hear from you guys.Its fun to see our kids doing and discovering things by their own.Somya is 20 month and 10 days old.her activities are not limited to her cartoons but to my household activities..like playing and pouring something with spoon,dusting etc.she watches her barney,elmo ,big comfy couch at a stretch so I am talking about 2 hrs straight.I dont know if it is right for her to watch long hours on tv but I know she enjoy it!!!!!

How abt your kids??

7. n_mumtaz

n_mumtaz New IL'ite

Hi..

Let me introduce my sweet little Nawaz sheriff to you ladies He is a 23 months old ..smart guy and yes a handsome kid (Not exaggerating!! :exactly:) He likes to mingle with people a lot..we would want everybody ..when someone comes home he would call them and show the sofa for them to sit...its so nice kids doing this..He actually makes friends easily and remains a hero to them...he likes to watch all lovely cartoons in chutti TV and sings along with Dora nanga jeychitom :) He likes playing a lot with his father...they play hide and seek,running around like a train,squeeze orange peels on my face !!! its just fun at home when he is around...Yes like many kids he is a bad eater though i manage with tricks to make him eat..well I guess I would stop for now else will continue on and on...:)))))

His birthday is on March 5th and anyone watching Chutti TV would see him on TV in mazhalai vazhthu...

Love you all...keep posting lovelyu stuff .....

Mumtaz . N