Mommy to be July 2013

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by Mommyhoney2012, Nov 9, 2012.

1. hermioneron

hermioneron Silver IL'ite

As per our tradition..5th or 7th Tamil month they 'll do valagappu..6th or 8th Tamil month seemandam.

Or can do both combined in 6th or 8th month.

Hw abt urs?

2. hermioneron

hermioneron Silver IL'ite

Ha ha..now a days they do it together..but valagappu is girls house function and seemandamus is boys side..it 'll be strenuous if we do both on single day.that's y splitting up.

3. prchitra

prchitra Gold IL'ite

Hermioneron,

Is both valaikappu and seemandam are different.. i thought both are same..God knows what MIL is going to plan.. b'cas Ours Telugu- sourashtra marriage.. (as per sourashtra tradition.. we used do it in the 7th month.. with bangles..) soo dont know how this is going to be..

Do they put bangles for seemantham also???

1 person likes this.
  4. prchitra

prchitra Gold IL'ite

Hermi,

Did you get in touch with your doctor on this issue??

5. NandhuKish

NandhuKish Bronze IL'ite

Congrats dear!!
    Have a happy journey of pregnancy!!

6. ssm014

ssm014 Platinum IL'ite

Same concern I have Chitra

Plus ours is North South alliance....and i am moving to city totally diff fm both ILs and Parents...totally confused :bowdown

I have been dreaming so much abt these rituals...more than my wedding itself..I dunno what to do...My ILs/ SIL/ BIL will gladly come to any city that we are in...but my Thatha Pati, Chithi, Athai may not be able to travel...already breaking my head, should i go to Mumbai, and do it there with all relatives (Not sure if I can / will be ok to travel) or call them to new city..(logistical issues)

Life la rhombha confusion pa....(i am even dreaming abt rice eating ceremony of LOs...)

when is the earliest on can do the functions??

7. prchitra

prchitra Gold IL'ite

SSM,

Definitely all your relatives won't be able to attend this function in new place..even your parents need to find all the items needed for making this ceremony in different city..

Soo soon don't think about all these things know.. b'cas if we plan anything now.. god will think in reverse direction..(Look at swathi case.... full of tension till she completes 1st trimester..) just leave it as it is for now.. once you r safe till 5th/ 6th month.. then plan this.. Dont want to do too much of circus travelling here and there..(already moving to new city)..

After 6th month.. then plan yours..(Anyway from your in laws side, don't know their tradition.. how they will follow..they look like very supportive..)

Regarding Rice eating ceremony.. :eek:mg: Too much you r dreaming.. you still have 1 yr time dear.. forget for now..:cool2:

8. ssm014

ssm014 Platinum IL'ite

true dear..

My cousin delivered twins in 3rd IVF and I follow the LO's functions closely online as I cant travel...seeing the cute boys in traditional silk dhoties, I cant stop myself from imagining...:spin

Yes I agree its too soon to think of 1 yr down the line...:bowdown

Actually I update DH most of the cases here to him esp Swati as we share same fertility Dr...so he is all the more asking me to take rest..

ILs will be more than happy to follow our traditions as then they will not have to plan/ do much...:thumbsup

When is your NT scan dear...

1 person likes this.
  9. prchitra

prchitra Gold IL'ite

Swati,

Since sonologist is out of town till 5th Jan.. my NT Scan is scheduled after that..

All,

Anybody planned for making crochet booties to present to your LO..?? I dont know how to make it... thinking to search some links from indusladies to try my luck..

10. helpmeangel

helpmeangel Platinum IL'ite

hi chitra,

I want to start knitting something too. But I know nothing about knitting. Please do share me links too, so that I can learn and hopefully create something beautiful for my kid.. :)