1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Mom Cashew Pongal

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by Thyagarajan, Jan 20, 2024.

1. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan Finest Post Winner

Thanks to sister uma. Am glad of your comments. I think but for Mothers benevolence and selfless service to her family, the world would have gone to hell. If one attempts to make a list of all good things learnt from mom, s/he would find it endless. During wakeful hours, one would find many times s/he would find mother crossed the mind. In most of our mundane activities a bit of mother always cross our mind.
    When she could not afford to buy a rough note book or a black-board for my practice long derivation she suggested (1) collect chalk pieces bits from classroom and use it on floor to practice & (2) collect 12 sheet calendars the back of which is blank and use pencil and eraser to practice maths. Very first day she took to a taylor to get stitched a brown and blue linen trousers for me still green in my memory. When some one suggested as a treatment I must be given the warm foamy milk that was from udder just milked, I remember her holding me with a vessel in hand close to a cow that is being milked.

2. suchiuma

suchiuma New IL'ite