1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

mohe rang de basanti !

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by cutemonster, Mar 8, 2012.

1. cutemonster

cutemonster Platinum IL'ite

hi friends
    first a very happy holi to all of you :)
    for me holi has always been a dirty festival :hide: but still i enjoyed playing holi as long as it was only water and colours.
    the smell and taste of hot gujia and dahi bhalla and all the chats and sweets makes my mouth water now also !
    fighting to get a bigget pichkari and water baloons when mom said no water least u catch cold before ur final exams in march !
    then came college and in the hectic life we would manage to play holi with ink in water and blue ( neel ) when we forgot to get colours !
    but with time holi lost its charms and i would even avoid to go out !
    then got married and since we both are from different parts of india , we dont have many common festivals, holi being one such festival !for him holi is a optional holiday which people from north india take:hide:
    but yesterday some how the naughty child hidden in me started poking me and i went a brought a pichkari and two colours , pink and violet . pink being my fav and violet being his! and quietly hid them!
    i had thought i would get up early and put colours on my dh but as always he got up early , he being the early bird and i being the late riser :bonk
    after wishing me a sweet good morning , he remembered , oh yeah , happy holi sweetheart !
    oh yeah ! happy holi !
    then he went to get ready for his morning walk , i had to rush , i could not let my plans spoil :) went quickly and got pink colour in my palm and filled water in pichkari and went and asked me demurely u r getting ready to go for a walk ?
    yes !
    ok , but happy holi first ! and put the colour on his cheeks and gave one hug ! i think he did not expect it ! :rotfl but was pleasantly surprised ! then tried to shoot water with my pichkari gun and he pretended as he was really hurt :)
    he was like its not a permanent colour na i have to go to office !!!!!!!!

it was only for 10 mins or so when we played holi and we saw time now dh had to go to office also and i had to go and make breakfast.
    i took quick shower and made his fav halwa , we prayed and then had a lovely breakfast together, while eating he called up office to say he would be bit late :) he wanted to cherish the moment with me !
    siting there with him i realised sometimes even small things can give us so much happiness ! for him it was a surprise as he had not really celebrated holi at home before and he loved my pichkari !
    and for me it brought back all fun memories !
    before going to office he hugged me and thanked me for making his fav breakfast and i could only thank god for filling my life with colours by blessing me with a good partner but i can say of all the colours in my life he is the best one and can just pray that may the colour of love never fade away from our lives !

i know it was a long post but just had to share my thoughts ! i am sure every one of us would agree that life is full of colours and i hope all of us are able to see the rainbow of colours which is hiding behind dark clouds !
    love :thumbsup

8 people like this.

2. omnam

omnam Platinum IL'ite

Happy Holi to you and your DH. God bless you!

3. deepa10

deepa10 Gold IL'ite

That is lovely..!! :) Happi Holi and a very happy women's day to you..!!

4. rkgurbani

rkgurbani IL Hall of Fame

HAPPY HOLI to you and your DH with many colorful moments in your life to celebrate.

5. cutemonster

thanks a lot rkgurbani ! u have a lovely username ! i dont know from where u r but in punjabi gurbani is a very sweet name !

1 person likes this.
  6. cutemonster

thanks a lot deepa !:)

7. cutemonster

thank u omnam !

8. rkgurbani

Gurbani means Guru ki baani (the voice of the Guru)

1 person likes this.
  9. cutemonster

i know :) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. rkgurbani

Did not know you are Punjabi. We are not, but we do follow the Guru Granth Sahib. Thanks friend