1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Missing my children during Navratri

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Oct 8, 2013.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Any festive occasion we parents like our children to be with us. Once daughters are married they settle far from us and it is not always that they can come and visit us especially when they are abroad.

Last year since my dh had gall bladder operation both my daughters were here during Navratri , so we had a good time. My younger daughters since she came early had could not be there till the end of Navratri. My elder daughter was there and her daughter used to give haldi kumkum to everyone and also helped me in arranging the vethilai pakku etc. Gopika enjoyed being with us during Navratri and I also took her to our old colony where garba was there and she also danced there.This year missing them very much.

My dil is doing a MBA so she is busy in that. Morning cooking and then doing some sweet and then archana to Devi till 9. or 9..15 I am busy in the kitchen and now october heat also started so by the time I come out of the kitchen I am so tired due to heat. Then after giving breakfast to my dh log in here and spend sometime. Then whoever have invited I go in themornings because evening ladies come to my house. Whenever I get time I log in because dont like tomiss IL. Due to Navratri dont know how the time goes. If grand daughters would have been here it would have been more enjoyable.

2 people like this.

2. luckysangeetha

luckysangeetha Gold IL'ite

ohhhh viji ma... so sad.... I am sure your daughter would also be missing such a mom!!!

don't worry... just give them a call and talk for sometime... u will be alright..

1 person likes this.
  3. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

I am also fasting Vijima and i am missing my mom.
    I am sure like you are missing your daughters ,she too is missing me.When i was with my mom i used to take shivratri fasts with her.I used to love the food she used to make for fasting days.:)
    After reading your snippet i am missing my mamma even more :-(
    There must be something about moms.....that they are loved by all.

1 person likes this.
  4. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Never mind Vijima. You have everybody here to share the festival with, plus you have so many friends to visit and friends who visit you. Also these days Skype has made life so much easier than before where one could not afford to keep making calls all the time. So to that extent your daughters and grand daughters are still close to you.

Wish you a very happy Navratri. :-D Have a lot of fun.

2 people like this.
  5. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Sorry for the late reply Sangeetha dear, was busy with Navratri. Ya dear my children also miss me. Ya that I do , chat with them but missing them inperson, at this age need a helping hand.

6. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dinny dear glad to know you are fasting and sad to know you are missing your mom. True your mom also must be missing you. True moms are great , every daughtermisses them because after marriage they have to be away from them and noone can take the place of a mother.

1 person likes this.
  7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

True Satchidear I am happy that my virtual daughters are there to share the festival. True due to modern technology I am able to chat with them, but missing them in person and need a helping hand at this age. Happy Navratri to you too. This Navratri was a memorable one

8. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vijima,

I can well imagine how you must be feeling not having your loving daughters and grandchildren close to you, especially on special occasions.

Just take comfort in the thought that everyone is happy and healthy wherever they are...

Unfortunately, what cannot be changed must be endured!

L, Kamla

1 person likes this.
  9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Kamla dear yes I should be happy that they are happy and healthy wherever they are . Thanks dear for your visit