1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Missing Moments For Children

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by priyaiyengar, Feb 2, 2011.

1. priyaiyengar

priyaiyengar New IL'ite

Hi

Children who live in city are really missing those interesting traditional games.

Actually, traditional games are designed in a way not only to entertain, but also to increase motor skills, hand-eye co-ordination, concentration, attention, etc.

So apart from buying costly board games and toys, we can also teach traditional indoor and outdoor games like dayakattai, pallankuzhi, pandi i.e., hopstoch, paramapadham i.e., snake and ladder, gilli-danda, kite, etc.

It is impossible for the children to play around the house and streets every day because of more and more threats. At least, by introducing our traditional games to them, they can retain our soil smell and happiness.

I am interested to write more on this topic, but I am in a urge to go to school to pick up my child, so just stopping here and expecting replies from you people (just to know what you feel).

cheers
    Priya

2. nityakalyani

nityakalyani Gold IL'ite

Priya,
    Nice thought proving idea. We cannot send our children out to play because in many apartments we hardly have space. Book reading is also a good habit.