Missed my periods, took prescribed medicine for it. Doubting pregnancy. Need advise

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by sanjana23, May 3, 2011.

1. sanjana23

sanjana23 New IL'ite

Hi ,

I am 30 year old with pcod.but my periods were regular, once i missed my prd and tested for preganacy but it was negative. So whn i consulted doc she gave tablets to get periods.but after taking that tablets i dint get period.
    now doc has told go for pregancy test, i m afraid if i m preganant does the baby will get affect by taking period tablet.

please advice me. i need help

2. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

Hi Sanjana, Welcome to IL. Did the doctor saw the test reports before prescribing you the tablets or went through your oral history. Any good doctor will not prescribe anything without a valid check. So on such issues never go by home test kits. Do not worry now. Get the test done and come back to us with the result. Baby dust to you.

3. ushas1984

ushas1984 New IL'ite

Re: Missed my periods, took prescribed medicine for it. Doubting pregnancy. Need advi

Did you do blood test for pregnancy? if yes then blood test is a pretty reliable test and once you take medicines to induce periods it will be delayed by a couple of days..
    anyways pls consult a good doctor and all the best...baby dust to you:thumbsup

4. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Re: Missed my periods, took prescribed medicine for it. Doubting pregnancy. Need advi

If the doc has given some progesterone based tablets for inducing periods, it won't harm the pregnancy. Naturally it will take 3-10 days after stopping the tablets which attempt to induce periods. Decide the case suits for you & speak to your doc again. Take care.