1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

mismatched horoscopes and living happily?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by ivlakshmi, Apr 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sruthiroopini

sruthiroopini Bronze IL'ite

Horoscope has not been matched in the olden times but do you know that during Sita's wedding, Dasarath's and Janaka's priests enquired about 7 generations of both the sides.Only when it was found satisfactory the wedding proceeded.
    Horoscope helps in knowing compatibility when nothing else is known.If you are getting married to a well known family,it does not make sense in matching horoscope and denying the match just because it is not found compatible.

2. hermoine

hermoine Silver IL'ite

One more big mafia business of astrologers telling doshas, doing innumerables shanthi's etc....but at the end what is ought to happen happens...I personally feel that compatibility, compromise and accepting the other person is a whole is what is need in the early stages of marriage where afterwards love and understanding will pitch in...so whatever may be the predictions its all upto husband and wife's personalities and love towards each other that keeps up the marriage...i think mine and my husband's also matched around 16 or 18 dont actually remember and there were little apprehensions from my in laws, but we got married and are living happily...with couple of differences who doesnt have...after all we are two different individuals...and we learnt to "agree to disagree" by time...

so if your friend is very sure abt the person and cares least abt horoscopes she can go ahead...if the guy is also ok with it....if anyone has any inhibitions now...going forward any silly fight can bring this horoscope incompatibility which could lead to issues in married life...

3. kuttettan

kuttettan Silver IL'ite

Waah!! And did Rama and Sita have a happily-ever-after marriage? As far as I remember, after the war was over, Ram was dubious of Sita, and they were living separately...(eventually their kids, Luv and Kush had a fight with Ram's army!)

I think it was after Ram asked for agni-shuddi of Sita maiyya for the second time, that Sita maiyya went to paataal lok! (as far as I know...corrections, anyone??)

4. dave08

dave08 New IL'ite

If one truly knows about astrology, then one would understand the concept of karma and destiny. Astrology serves as a guide, not something absolute because although astrology is 100% right, but NO predictions can be 100% right because astrologers are human, who are prone for mistake and also astrology is a vast subject.
    If one is aware of ancient astrological texts, there was never mentioned about performing expensive shanti homams, wearing expensive yantras/gemstones, visiting certain temples as pariharams/remedies for problems. All this are created by money-minded astrologers and followed by the ignorants! So, when these pariharams don't work, they blame astrology and God and then lose the faith in astrology and 'lose trust in God and in HIS capability to take care of their future!' This is how unfortunately a lot of Hindus are being brainwashed into other religions.
    Only regular CONTINUOUS prayers including Japam for specific deities were mentioned in the texts which may help one from adverse periods or problems. would like to mention there that even in Islam, certain phrases from the Koran are advised to be recited repetitively to overcome certain problems. I am unsure about Christianity and other religion. Indeed, everybody goes to ups and downs, despite what race or religion you are.
    In Hinduism, we too trust in God and His capability to take care of our future.

1 person likes this.
  5. dave08

dave08 New IL'ite

Hermoine,
    Very good observation. Most astrologers are money making. What can we do especially in this Kali Yuga? Indeed, what is ought to happen will happen. Yes, compatibility, compromise and accepting the other person is the key for a successful marriage. I have never disagrees with love marriages, but it is inadvisable to check horroscopes for love marriages. But honestly speaking, all marriages whether love or arranged and/or whether matched astrologically or not, will have some sort of problems at any part of their marriage. The key towards a long and happy marriage is compatibility, compromise, sacrifice and accepting each other for who they are.

Maybe this isn't the greatest example since it is a movie, in Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam, Nandini (played by Aishwarya Rai) was blinded by love by a dashing young man, Sameer (played by Salman Khan) despite going into an arranged marriage to a humble gentleman, Vanraj (plated by Ajay Devgan). She was even prepared to go to Italy to find her loved one and her husband sacrificed everything and patiently followed. What is touching is that, at the end of the day, she found true love and respect which was given by her husband, although arranged marriage.

6. Anitap

Anitap IL Hall of Fame

Like arch mentioned before.. Greedy humans have changed religion to benefit themselves.

7. dave08

dave08 New IL'ite

Hi Ushae,
    Yes, not only most modern day astrologers are half-baked but also money minded. IN the olden days, astrologers are supposed to be 100% vegetarian, do sadhanas 3 times a day and not engaged in illicit activities. One has to give dakshina to the astrologers, but it is up to oneself how much he/she wants to give AFTER the prediction is made. Nowadays, a stipulated payment is required BEFOREHAND especially those with web-based services.

I have read about the 'Sevvai thosam' and blood group and I have read that those with sevvai thosam have more red blood cells than the normal population. Maybe the Rh status. Isn't astrology great to pinpoint this ages ago and this is still relevant today? Of course those days they wouldn't be able to pinpoint exact as Rh status but termed it as "sevvai thosam'. Indeed, Mars/Sevvai is shown as bright red in colour, just like the color of blood!

It is scientifically proven that during tides are dependent on the moon. Yet, this would have been pointed out thousands of years ago by our sages.

8. Anitap

Anitap IL Hall of Fame

I think this thread has diverted more than necessary from the original topic.

Shall we focus on op's question alone?

1 person likes this.
  9. arch1209

arch1209 Platinum IL'ite

Okay OP this is my feeble attempt at bringing this thread to where it all started.

I don't have a kundli and nobody in my family except for my father's youngest sister who is a huge fan of Marjorie Orr and her zodiac signs believes in astrology. That being said, my aunt did not consult Marjorie Orr when she had to get married or what course she had to do etc... She had an arranged marriage, two kids all is well. This despite she has married, according to Marjorie Orr, a person of a zodiac sign least compatible with hers. My aunt also seems reasonably happy

I have a friend who consults her family priest and astrologer for everything, we both enrolled in a masters program and before enrolling she called the priest and enrolled only after she got a green signal from him. It makes her happy and gives her peace of mind - if believing in astrology gives you hope do so, as long as you are not hurting someone it is fine.

Dave - I am not sure what the belief in astrology is, but having been raised as a Christian a lot of times in sermons or preaching of catholic priests I have heard them say that astrology is not for Christians because believing in astrology, according to them, denotes being weak of mind and having lack of faith in Christ. However, a lot of Catholics do believe in the Solar zodiac sign, my aunt is an example.

I am no expert in astrology but the above is what I have heard my religious priests say and I think Anita was citing the same.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.