1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

mirror mirror on the wall

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by sunkan, Dec 19, 2006.

1. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

Mirror Mirror on the wall:
    It is amusing if you actually are an audience to a lot of performance in front of the mirror. I had a great character in Bechan he was a bihari and worked under my husband near the hotel for many years. Then opened his own tea stalls and as an owner had all the characteristics of a Bihari the haughtiness associated with that. When he comes home he will sit in the drawing room on the floor and there was an almirah with a long mirror in the bed room which was visible when seated in the drawing room, the minute he starts talking we would be in for a wonderful view of all his tactics of checking his hair, shifting his face left and right, and so many expressions on all through his conversations without loosing the trail of it.. In many cases you will notice the way they flash their teeth and run the toungue all over the mouth inside, as if it is filled with filth, then raise their brows and glare like never before. Some even go to the extent of laughing to look at the angle which is good for them. Second on the list are animals. I had a pet pomeraninan Tangy he would run up after his walk and biscuit eating and all the morning ritual, his work is to come over on top the first floor where my bedroom was and jump over me irrelevant of the fact of my position to make his presence felt, after licking and rolling and all the antics he used to sit down on my legs while I am sleeping and start looking into the mirror there, oh my they beat the human at that, his focus was first as a baby, like how we carry and show in the mirror, look tangy u look cho chweet and all, now he being a grown up is more used to looking and admiring his angles just like the humans, wish had a cam to capture all these things, now he is no more, lost him some two years back on diwali day due to crackers he ran away, I know not where. Then come the squirrels they also have a great admiration though they are very very frightened to go near a mirror initially, we have seen the chimps in national geography, animal planet and discovery, they like humans keep checking the back side of the mirror to see if anyone there. Then come the birds, my the pecking the mirrors receive, they think there is another of the male species and go on and on….hope have given a glimpse and you all would join with your experiences and lets laugh as a community.
    Regards sunkan

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2012

2. mums

mums Platinum IL'ite

Hi Sunkan....nice post dear.

n many cases you will notice the way they flash their teeth and run the toungue all over the mouth inside, as if it is filled with filth, then raise their brows and glare like never before. Some even go to the extent of laughing to look at the angle which is good for them

the above quote was hilarious dear.

I have seen dogs trying to reach their tail after seeing in mirror. I wonder why?? dont they know they have a tail at rear end?? do they need mirrors to remind them of their anatomy??

I never knew abt Chimps double checking mirrors.

When ever my 4yr old niece cry........i take him to mirror to change his mood....yes it works....but my Granny shouts at me for showing mirror to any Kids.