1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Mirror Mania

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by malspie, Jul 30, 2007.

1. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

dear mals,
    very true i hve been exposed to some of them and i feel even now i have a small one my last sister's daughter who can be listed here, not only this they also take their pictures in cell and upload their computer with it as a screen saver with different poses daily....sunkan

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/snippets-of-life/3847-mirror-mirror-on-the-wall.html i have written abt this and also connected to my pet long back on 19th dec 2006.

2. maha

maha Senior IL'ite

hi,

That was an interesting post...when i read this, i can recollect the days when my sister used to stand for umpteeen times in a day....

we used to get tired by seeing her standing in the mirror for so long.....

she was infact is so beauty conscious and now her daughter is reflecting her....

3. honeybee

honeybee Gold IL'ite

Dear malspie
    I love your user Id.. BTW just curious.. what kind of a "pie" is it? :wink:

Very nice post pinpointing our gender's weakness..:oops: . A quick glance at one's face wherever you spot a mirror .
    A small digression,yet relevant..
    Have you noticed how we react to group photos where we are present too? We look and look on.. ignoring the others and admire ourselves, don't we?

Regards
    Honeybee

4. meenu

meenu Bronze IL'ite

Dear mals,
    You have kickstarted the hilarious observations.My little GD always stands in front of the mirror and talks to her image, says bye etc.I thought it kept her out of mischief!Thankyou for the entertainer.I think we should also start kalakka povathuy aaru?
    Regards,
    Meenu

5. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Hi Mals
    Very enjoyable post. You really have the knack for writing in an interesting way.
    Beileve it or not, my 13 yr old son has the mirror mania fever. though not obsessed he has spent more time in front of it than i have in my entire life.
    I have the habit of rushing thru but I think it really an art and some mirror mania is good too !!??
    regards
    anandchitra

6. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Dear Anandchitra,

Humour is difficult but the most idle way to ease your tension. Hope I tickled your ribs a bit.......:)

Thanks for the appreciation.

7. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

mirror mania--Good write up.
    This reminded me of a comedy scene in a tamil movie of yesteryears where a culprit is running away from the police with a paper in his hand which is important for the police. He enters a house and hides in it. the police man who came running after him saw a mirror on the wall and he forgot for what he came for and he was looking at himself in the mirror and went away. when asked about where he has kept the important paper,by the people in the household, the culprit will say that he had hidden it behind the same mirror where the policeman was standing before.
    What a role mirror mania played in this comedy scene!
    sriniketan

8. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Sri,

I am sorry to have missed your post here. Indeed, it was hilarious. Mirror plays a vital role in our life, to enhance ourself and to make others burst in to realms of laughter......

9. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Hi,

Nice article...

Lot of people have that habit.... It shows how much people are concious of our physical appearence.....

This is basically because they want to look beautiful which according to them are not and trying to improve upon it every now and then.... Psyhchology....

I used to spend a lot of time in looking at my eyes.... Direct eye to eye in the mirror refelection without blinking..... It helps in what i dont know... This is something which I had practiced for long as a game....

If anybody know anything in this regard pls let me know....

Veda

10. krish22

krish22 Senior IL'ite

Hi All,

It is really hillarious.

Even my 3yr old wants to take a look after I put a bindi on her face.She looks into that sometimes she is happy and sometimes not (.She is fascinated with the design bindis like circles,diamonds,standing lines etc as she is on her way to learn to write alphabets.),again I have wipe it and put it correctly up to her satisfaction and her dda's rermarks.

When she was 7/8 months old we happened to stay in a studio flat for 2 months where floor to ceiling cupboard have mirror doors.She used to crawl to the mirrors and cry seeing herself.It took her nearly a week or so to get adjusted to the mirrors.It was fun to watch for me.

I think all the above charecters in Mals story we can see daily in our lifes in public restrooms,parking places etc etc.They think mirror as a toy and displays thier hidden child behavior I suppose which are fun to watch for grownups like us.