1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Milk in US for girl babies - A shocking news - Please clarify

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by PriKir, Jul 16, 2011.

1. PriKir

PriKir Bronze IL'ite

Hi Ladies,
    One of my friend in US shocked me with a news. The news is that, Milk in US gives faster hormonal growth as they have some injectable preservatives. hence girl kids will mature fast.
    I am really not sure abt the realiability of this news. If any of you have idea abt this please clarify. Also tell me if pediasure is good. I have a 23mnth old DD.

I am sorry if this is a false news. But it wud be an alarm for all mothers.

Thanks,
    Priya

2. DevikaS

DevikaS Senior IL'ite

i dont believe the news is true.. however if you are concerned then buy ORGANIC.. it doesnt contain any hormones

3. writeme

writeme Silver IL'ite

My baby's peadiatrician told us that due to the food here, babies tend to grow overweight. So she adviced us to move to organic. Since then we shifted to organic fomula and baby food (gerber organic and earths best). Also we too have started using organic - fruits / veggies (which ever is available in organic), egg, milk etc

4. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

Look for brands (they don't need to even be organic) that say hormone free. Its not just USA that is having problems. I was just up to Toronto and my goddaughters little friend is 7 and already starting to have little breasts. This child is Tibetan and they are not normally maturing very fast. But another thing to watch out for for the whole family is soy products. They contain phyto estrogens and really only are handled well in post menopausal women. Soy is also very genetically modified and controlled by one company worldwide and is worrisome on so many levels.

5. samhi

samhi New IL'ite

People started shifting to Orgnaic milk from a long time.I too learnt this news a little late and i shifted to Organic milk for my daughter who is 6yrs old.Regarding pediasure: kids stomach gets heavy when they have pediasure.so b'coz of that they may not take their solids properly.Check with your Doctor once.

6. PriKir

PriKir Bronze IL'ite

Thanks all for ur reply. Surely will have to check with the pead next time