1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Mil Telling My Secrets To Sil

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by Shivika992, Mar 7, 2023.

1. Shivika992

Shivika992 Senior IL'ite

My husband and I are going through pregnancy issues. I had shared this info with MIL due to medical issue being involved. We had specifically told her not to share with SIL, as SIL has a bit of loudmouth and we didn’t want our personal issues to get out. The other day I overhead MIL and SIL talking about our issue? I confronted MIL and told her I overheard them but she is acting dumb and saying she hasn’t said anything to her. What should I do?

2. Janakinarne

Janakinarne Gold IL'ite

First thing is you should not share any information with someone if you have any doubt on them,you and your husband going through the treatment and you both can keep it with you no need to share..
    If you have gud relationship with your inlaw there is no wrong to share,but if they are looking for some hole you should keep these up to you..
    Now you can't do anything and don't share anything if she asks als and let your husband know this and inform him not to share anything...
    Gud luck

Shivika992 likes this.
  3. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

Don’t confide in your MIL any more and get your husband also on the same page. Pregnancy issues are best kept private. You’ll get enough nosy questions as it is.

Shivika992 likes this.
  4. lavani

lavani Platinum IL'ite

:) . you are asking mom to not talk to her daughter about masala news.

i do not know anything about your mil. if good or bad. but trust me it will never work out. keep some secrets with you and you only. even if you tell your parents, it might leak to closest ones.

there is no right or wrong action here to fix what happened.

focus ahead. take care of your health

5. preeti6years

preeti6years Silver IL'ite

Anything related to DIL, except the good things done by her should go out to as many people as possible through MIL. That is inbuilt in them. No point in trying to stop that. Next time she will take care that she will tell evrything about you to her dd or anyone else in your absence. Can you control that?
    Best is to keep all important things to yourself.
    Whenever i meet husband side relatives, I am shocked to hear how much upto date they are with what is happening in our lives. I was so pissed off once and fought with dh badly on this. But still no use, next time also same thing happened. I understood what kind of newspaper mil is.

6. chanchitra

chanchitra Platinum IL'ite

Please Do not share any more information with your mil.
    Whatever happened previously, let it go.