1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

MIL suggesting non veg diet for DS

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by headspin, May 11, 2010.

1. sarma

sarma Senior IL'ite

Your answer is a surprise and I did not expect an answer as I thought a mom's love is so pure that there is no second source that equals it!

I am wondering if some of it is wishful thinking. I hope you won't be disappointed along the way!

i am glad the law doesn't see it that way however GRAND a mother she is!(for many right reasons!)

Last edited: May 20, 2010
  2. mstrue

mstrue New IL'ite

Sarma,

I am talking about love not law.

Also, I am not a believer of 'Mom's love is so pure' first of all. I have seen many moms being selfish, partial. My point is in my household, my MIL and I show the same love towards MY son. How pure and selfless it is - is a different question.

And Thanks for your concern about a possible disappointment along the way. I appreciate it.

Not sure if our posts are deviating the thread.. so let me stop here. If anything, we can catch up in chit-chat.

3. sarma

sarma Senior IL'ite

You used the word, right in this quote:

The word has legal basis.

In fact something like that is what I said about grand mas and you took issue with it. And now you seem to go one step ahead and say that mom's themselves are partial. (And this is not a generalization!:), Never mind! I don't care! Anything non-specific anybody says is by definition a generalization. Only God knows all special cases/exceptions!)

Yes, we agree on that and a lot of other things! Ciao!

4. Induvadana

Induvadana New IL'ite

Bhuvindhi,

Exactly my point, not all decisions.
    Having say is different from deciding. To say let her feed meat is letting her decide. To say be sensitive to her suggestions and be open and see what is her point is giving her say. Both DIL and MIL have say. but some decisions are best left to parents like vegetarianism vs non veg.

OP's mom too loves grandson and has a say. if both grand moms start the debate of veg and non-veg. I don't even want to imagine.That is why someone needs to have final say. That would be parents.
    You know how it will be in most cases. In your case you may have ideal (I personally wouldn't like if my parents stopped eating because my kid or I have simple high fever, I wouldn't want them around my kid making them nervous as though it is some big issue. What sounds like love to some may sound like strange behaviour to some. I don't mean to offend or belittle their love. just different opinions)parents and a DH who is OK with your kind of set-up. But we are not discussing you. we are discussing OP's situation. As we don't have much info i would assume her situation to the average one.

5. bhuvnidhi

bhuvnidhi IL Hall of Fame

Now,Thatz offensive.I was just answering your qn which you posted.And I was answering the OP citing my incidents as example.I believe a lot of us here answer the OP based on our experience.And even your reply fits into that category.

6. bhuvnidhi

bhuvnidhi IL Hall of Fame

MsTrue, Seems to me like we both have the same kind of experiences and thoughts.I completely agree with what you said above.And I have to agree with Sarma too that the percentage of such moms are less.

Even my MIL is not-so-naive to me(She is not so bad.But differentiates between me and her daughter).But when it comes to her grandkids, she is very good and infact she is proud that she has so many grandkids.She has 14 grandkids(I know it adds to Indian population:biglaugh).

BTW,off the topic, I see men use this "Mom is the best for the child and she knows what kid wants" funda to escape from their responsibilities.Why is that a father fail to understand what HIS kid wants?