1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

MIL starting to show her real colours

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by icyspicy, Apr 1, 2010.

1. desiprincess

desiprincess Senior IL'ite

Icy,
    how old are you? I feel like you complain too much sister! I never comment on these threads but reading your thread makes me boil.... seriously, let things go, be firm on issues but don't become a baby...... the more you fight or disrespect your MIL/IL's the further you DH will become from you... remember that forever.....

2. riya123

riya123 Gold IL'ite

Icy Girl!!, what is wrong with you.. I have been following your posts, you are relentlessly hovering over your husband and spying on everything he does.. Girl, this is too much, he is an adult and he needs some space.. He sounds more matured than you..
    A little suggestion from me - why dont you find a job for yourself or enroll yourself in some course..This way atleast your husband can get some peace of mind.. Stop acting like a kid, where every small problem you are crying for.. You are grown up and behave matured, handle it yourself and stop hovering over your husband..

If you start working or studying, you'll intereact less with your MIL and therefore lesser complains..

Last edited: Apr 3, 2010
  3. mstrue

mstrue New IL'ite

Icyspicy,

I wonder do you even listen to or understand what other ladies here mean to say!

When fellow ladies out of good intention ask you to 'ignore' your MIL they do not mean you should 'not follow' her nice tips like getting up on time, use fresh veges etc.. They ask you to not stress yourself by reading too much into her words.

I don't see anything wrong with her saying this! Educate me please how your 'house peace' coming to a grinding halt here!

For God's sake, Icy.. It is your house too!! That old lady does so much work and you blame her that 'she' is giving you 'more' work?!

You want to get up after 12 noon then?! Sorry sister, seems like your only criteria about your needs is 'NOT TO DO WHATEVER YOUR MIL SUGGESTS YOU TO DO'!!

How old are you?! May we know your educational qualification? You sound so kiddish.. Jeesh!! What is interference according to you, Icy?!

avoiding responsibility?! wow!! He left you high and dry with no food?! You were not starving,, were you?!!

Come out of your prejudiced thoughts sister.. It is for your own good we say.. your husband 'concentrating on his moms needs' seems to be your biggest botheration.. He is her son. He is supposed to take care of her needs. You are his wife. You are supposed to be supportive of his good deeds.

Whatever it is Icyspicy.. I don't think I will pitch in my thoughts again in this thread.. as I have a feeling that it will be of no use. (I even wonder if you had mistakenly thought of this forum as a platform to just attack MILs.. ) But I will be very happy if I am proved wrong here and you take the words of these ladies and build a good relationship with your MIL & DH.

Adios!

Last edited: Apr 4, 2010
  4. asuitablegirl

asuitablegirl Gold IL'ite

Even I wonder the same. shakehead

5. icyspicy

icyspicy Senior IL'ite

ok ok i get it...i know i am sounding childish....i just had those concerns so i asked..i am sorry if i irritated u ....sumthing happend yesterday ....i have sinusitis so its hard for me to cut onions i told my mil abt it she said she will cut and give...for 3 days she did it and then stopped...i thought mebbe she dosent want to do ti any more cos after tht she asked me to cut onions by myself...i faced the same tears problem again so i decided i would cut some onions for myself and keep in vaccum box...i told this to my husband (just that i need onions to cut and v need to go to supermarket)...after v returned my mil saw tht and asked(she has the habit of asking what all v bought when v both go out)...so i tld her abt the onions...she got angry and started making a big fuss that i am separating things..i told her i will make her curries and also my curries if i wish to cook ....shedidnt agree and started telling tht she is getting sick cos of cut onions...i told her i will make currieswith fresh cut onions (tht she cuts for herself) she and her hubby eats but for me i will cut and keep cos i have to make lunch early morning for my husband...she got angry and started blabbering ...then took her son into the room for god knows wot....i was normal and good to her didnt get angry nor answered her back just was totally polite to her throughtout...my husband returned from the room and asked me do i really have aq problem i told him tht i do and only for onions i am making this arrangement and the rest i am doing as his mom says....he kind of agreed but finally told that he would not get into this matter....anyhow 3/4 of the house work i do it....so i thought of managing ti this way...am i still wrong here?

6. asuitablegirl

asuitablegirl Gold IL'ite

Icy,

I would just say, "Mom, I'm going to cut the onions my way. End of story." And then do it.

7. shrikala

shrikala Senior IL'ite

Icy, cook without onions for everyone - I learnt it from isckon temple, tell her its triggering your sinuses.

8. firstbhagi

firstbhagi New IL'ite

Icy, I believe you are very young and are having the first experience of interacting with MIL. You find her irritating and she finds you doing things in a different and inexperienced manner. Like they say when there are vessels, they will make sound. One piece of advice. Why don't you take up a job or do a course like riya said? This will keep you away from MIL for a long time. If you get up earlier than her and do some portion of the cooking, you can avoid her company. This way you will feel less frustrated. All the best!

9. icyspicy

icyspicy Senior IL'ite

today she told me she will cut onions and give so i should cook fresh...now even for roti i keep the dough for 2-3 days and make roti...she saw sum discoloration and told tht she would make the dough everyday since she will now start making for her husband also so i manage with tht..i dont mid her doing the dough but i feel she is interfering too much into mybusiness or she is highly insecure by putting the kitchen work to me...she cutting the onions n mkaingthe dough everyday cos she feels it unhealthy...should i listen to her?cos i tried avoiding but she didnt stop convincing me and finally taking the "yes " out of me!

10. shrikala

shrikala Senior IL'ite

so she is cutting the onions and making the dough everyday, how is that interfering? you get fresh and healthy food. you know how many people including me would love to have fresh food everyday?