1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Mil not calling or visiting!!

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by simply_doubtful, Mar 18, 2010.

1. shrutidunwoody

shrutidunwoody Bronze IL'ite

Hi Dear

My inlaws too never talk to me often. When they were here in U.S. they used to just talk with my dh but with me almost nothing. It was just a formality talk like when me and mil are cooking then she will say put some salt or i will ask her should i cut this vegetable. So our talk was just to the point. And now when i am pregnant, my sil called me to wish me, my inlaws conveyed through my dh .They wished him and told him to wish me too. And when i was vomitting then once mil spoke to me and told me what to have and what not.
    But i am ok with it as atleast for the formality sake we are in talking terms. I never call them and they never call me.its just on weekend i talk to my parents and my dh talks to his parents.

May be your mil must have conveyed her wishes to your dh which you must be not knowing. And i woud just say be cool , dont react , you just enjoy your pregnancy. Afterall its her grandchild how long can she pretend not talking to you. At some point she has to talk to you. You just concentrate on your dh and your kid. Just dont stress on thinking of your mil to which you are not attached also.

2. sita2223

sita2223 Bronze IL'ite

Hansika,

They can torture you emotionally ONLY if you let them. If you block them in your mind, they can not. Now, even when your MIL is not saying anything to torture you, you are getting disturbed. Why?? Because you are thinking about her and disturbing yourself.

Just think of it as a good thing, not calling you is much better than calling you and talking negative things to upset you. Isn't it?

Relax and enjoy your pregnancy.Chillout!

3. maggi99

maggi99 Senior IL'ite

Hansika,

Hearty Congratulations and enjoy your pregnancy. Take no tensions dear

Well few people create unnecessary mental torture even when they are not around. MIL and SIL of yours are like that for you, when you bother that means they are successful in making you tensed in their absense too. Well all I would say just DO NOT EXPECT call or wish from MIL and SIL. When they are not your well wishers, their words would not help u any way.

Your DH likes his mother a lot u said, well good, let him be so. All you think is dont stop him from speaking to his mother and you dont bother about speaking to your MIL or SIL.

The are related to you just because you have married your DH. So if they want let them speak, if they act pranky, just dont bother yar.

All you need now is peaceof mind. Keep all these thoughts away and dont expect anything.

Enjoy your pregnancy, have nice time enjoying your mom's cooking and read a lots about pregancy and how the baby grows, what you have to eat when and all. Have a nice time. Good Luck