1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

MIL and SIL from HELL!

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by tulipzz, Jun 17, 2010.

1. tulipzz

tulipzz Platinum IL'ite

True Shilpa, I dont expect them to change...also, I am convinced SIL will find a nice doggie for herself. MIL will sweetly get things done her way..

Talking of micro management, I can write a book!! MIL didnt speak to me for :
    1 week - because I didnt get my maid to wash the utensils at wash area-2 ( I was in India then...I used to use wash area-1 for utensils coz I didnt like clothes and utensils being washed at the same place. I had a huge balcony with 2 wash areas)

1-2 Months : Because I didnt go to the gynic MIL wanted me to go to (I was preg and mind you, she didnt even call me once in those 2 months)

Since 1.5 yrs: Because I asked her to mind her business and that I'll wear what I want to (she spoke once when I visited India last time. No call/mail since then.

2. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

I don't have a sil. There was a time when I used to wish I had one. My dream used to be that I would have someone around my age with whom I could vibe well. But after reading all this, I seriously feel grateful I don't one. Even if I lose out on the possibility that she would have been good, at least I didn't have to suffer the possibility that someone would make my life miserable. Am sad that one starts feeling this way about relationships. But that is the unfortunate reality of life in this society.

2 people like this.
  3. shalinisharma14

shalinisharma14 New IL'ite

why a normal women becomes Control freak as soon as his son gets married???? why a mom transfers into a typical MIL.
    why???

4. satchitananda

Because she is possessive, insecure and has not learned to let go. She has learned from society that she is God's gift to humankind as she produced a son to gift to the world (and if she produced only son's she is nothing short of a Goddess) and has taken her role as Goddess too seriously.

11 people like this.
  5. tulipzz

tulipzz Platinum IL'ite

No! I asked my MIL once if she thought she was GOD.(this was after I got back to my senses and started questioning crap)

She found it offensive!

2 people like this.
  6. satchitananda

Tulipzz, you miss the point here. She found it offensive that you even needed to question that. Of course she is a Goddess. How dare you, an ordinary mortal, question that? It will be fire and brimstone for you. :boo:

6 people like this.
  7. mommybird

mommybird Gold IL'ite

Satchi - Are you on a roll or what with this answer? Let me tell you something ridiculous which happened to me.

My SIL has a daughter who was born 8 months before I gave birth. When my son was born, I was told by my SIL that my purpose in life is achieved and my uterus has become golden now. In my drug induced state, I thought she has gone cuckoo. The next thing she asked for when I was in the hospital recuperating almost made me choke on my drink. She asked me to safeguard the clothes I wore when I was doing the act with the husband so that she can wear them and try it out the next time as that will guarantee her a boy. Sometimes, I really think shes into some sort of weed. The statement is WRONG at so many levels.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2012
    7 people like this.
  8. luv2smile

luv2smile Silver IL'ite

Ewwwwwwwwwww Mommybird...feel like puking yucky !

9. neha poredi

neha poredi Silver IL'ite

tulipzz,

i must say u r truly blessed if ur mil dose'nt talk to u anymore!!! no matter how well we try to adjust a daughter in law is always an OUTSIDER who is seen as a son son snatcher by mil all due to insecurity and selfish thoughts. my mil reads or rather shouts bhajans daily and attends satsang classes but i wonder where all d teachings go?? i have never seen them being practiced!! also she was a working woman with hardly any interest in household chores. but i am a family oriented girl and not career driven. although i was working for a year or so but i quit as the travelling hours were too long. i used to leave my home at 630 am to return only by 830-9pm. all through my struggle i never got any help from mil but when i decided to leave my job she was quick enough to give her UNNECESSARY advice by trying to convince me not to leave my job. well where was her initiative to help me when i was struggling with my job timings and cooking ?? i just try to keep calm by keeping my communication with her to the minimum in order to avoid any unpleasant situation. however there have been instances when ive had to confront her and ask her to keep shut!! in a few months my husband and me plan to move to a new house !! i cant wait to b free!!!!!

1 person likes this.
  10. smritisinha

smritisinha Platinum IL'ite

M really rolling :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:clap:clap:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl