1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Mil agaaahhhhhh

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by mitsviki, Nov 26, 2010.

1. mitsviki

mitsviki Senior IL'ite

Hello

I was wondering how do DIL who got to india from outside the country shuttle between mother place and MIL place.

We live out side the country and whenever we go to india now after a baby my in laws dont like it if i go to my mother place.

We had a love marriage and though my MIL dint like she accepted it finally.

this time when i went with my kid alone i stayed with them for 2 weeks and my hubby was not there. At one occasion she said she dint like the marriage in front of everyone. i was very hurt. she dote son my daughter and after this incident my attitude has completely changed. also ususally DIL dont stay when their husband are nto there but even then i stayed for 2 weeks of 1.5 month vacation, at that time whenevr i am in my Motehr house she will call and ask me to come and stay and if i say no shell hang teh phone .

she keeps complain about me to my mom...gosh...i am just venting my emotions out ....not sure if there are other DIL in the same boat. Now they have been influencing my hubby on many matters espcially buying gold

how do i handle this with care...please suggestion

2. sridevi101

sridevi101 Senior IL'ite

you just dont care about what you ILs do. you are right. do what what seems right to you.

3. sanjeevni

sanjeevni Senior IL'ite

oh ya, there are other DILs in the same boat. Me for instance. We had a 21 day vacation in India and when we went there, I spent 14 days with her and only 7 days at my place. I myself made that arrangement as then she would not have anything to complain about. But that was not enough/.She is very cunning and never used to tell me directly . She will make excuses like someone is coming to see you at 4 (that would eb a lie as they would be coming only at 6.30) just so i spend more time there. Ugghhh. How can someone be so cheap? lying through the teeth at the age 63!!:spin

well can't do anything about that. May be talk to your hubby. Hopefully he is an understanding personality. otherwise, just ignore
    goodluck

Last edited: Nov 27, 2010
  4. nimmimoorthy

nimmimoorthy Platinum IL'ite

In my case i had 3 months vacation. I went to my moms house first and on the same day left to MILs place since there was a function. My DH didnot come with me. So i left to moms place after 3 days and stayed until my Dh come. i was getting daily phone calls from MIL asking when r u coming back?
    After that DH came we stayed at moms place for 1 week and then again went to MILs place.

In my case the ILaws dont allow/like me to stay for more than 3 days in moms place.