Migrating to Adealide;plz let me know some info

Discussion in 'Indians in Australia & NZ' started by sunikris, Jan 4, 2009.

1. shyamalabala

shyamalabala New IL'ite

Hi Abida,

Nice to know that you are from Hyderabad. Basically, I too am an Andhra person. I have been in Adelaide for about 5 yrs now and involved myself with friends from different cultures & religions. we socialize well, getting together for lunches/dinners, watch movies, picnics, etc. You are most welcome to join my group . As I say always Adelaide is a lovely place and my family also loves it here. I am sure your princess will settle down well here. Hope to meet you in April.

Regards.

2. abs2911

abs2911 Bronze IL'ite

Wow really, u are from AP. Good Good,now we have one more thing in common. I would love to join ur group, seems like fun. Where do u live in Adelaide?? Any places to avoid..My daughter Nadia is very adjusting in nature unlike me :) but hopefully we will settle there soon. Do I need to bring anything from India, if there is little price difference I would opt to buy in Adelaide rather than bringing from India, what do u say?
    Whats April like there, should we bring light jackets or heavier ones.

Kind Regards
    Abida

3. shyamalabala

shyamalabala New IL'ite

Hi Abida,

Sorry for the late reply. You are welcome to join my group of friends. I live in Parafield Gardens Suburb. There is no place as such to avoid . Your daughter will fit in perfectly, don't worry about that. I preferred to buy stuff in Adelaide, the reason being----- 1. Airplane authorities give you a limited weight for baggage. If you carry excess baggage then you have to pay extra.
    2. Food items are not allowed to be brought into Australia from other countries. Only permitted stuff is allowed. I had some spices, etc thrown away during quarantine checking. So it is better to buy food items here.
    3. You can bring dishes, crockeries, clothes, utensils, etc. I don't find much of price difference . So my suggestion would be purchase here. Its Autumn during April, so you can bring light jackets....but you may need just a few heavy ones ( 2 or 3) for you little princess. As you will here for a month, I suggest you explore here during you stay and decide what you want to bring from India. Initially, I think you can bring the basic stuff.
    When you rent a house here, the landlord provides you with a cooking range, A/c , dishwasher.
    This is the info I can give you. If you need anymore....please feel free, looking forward to your visit.

Regards

4. abs2911

abs2911 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Shyamala

We are coming there on 30th of March, will stay for a week in a hotel and back to Qatar. Hope to meet you on a weekday if possible.. Let me know if we can.

Kind Regards

Abida

5. lazydesi

lazydesi Senior IL'ite

Hi Abida,

welcome to Lovely Festival state.

6. abs2911

abs2911 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Lazydesi,

Thank You so much for your welcome. We will be there soon, butterflies....

7. shyamalabala

shyamalabala New IL'ite

Hi Abida,

Welcome to Adelaide. Glad to know that you'll be here on the 30th March. I can meet you on weekdays after 4:30 PM., as I am back from work by that time. If possible, can you give me your e-mail id. Mine is shyamala_bala@yahoo.co.in. Just message me.

8. abs2911

abs2911 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Shyamala

Sent you a mail, please check your yahoo account.

Kind Regards

Abida

9. shyamalabala

shyamalabala New IL'ite

Hi Abida,

I hope you are doing well and must be busy packing for your trip. I hope you have received my mail I sent you . As it is a long weekend, from 29th March to 1st April, we can meet one of these days at my place. Kindly check you mail and let me know about your programmed .

Regards

10. lazydesi

lazydesi Senior IL'ite

Hope everything is going fine for fellow South Aussies.