Migrating to Adealide;plz let me know some info

Discussion in 'Indians in Australia & NZ' started by sunikris, Jan 4, 2009.

1. chithrasathish

chithrasathish Senior IL'ite

Dear Shyamalabala,

Thanks for the reply. I would reach you in skype on Friday from my husband ID. Here Skype is blocked and its working only from I-phone. Since its about 6.1/2 hours time difference between us, will call you on Friday (its weekend for us and he will be in house)..
    Please tell me, if its ok to you - and let me know your suitable time also...

Regards,

Chithra Sathish

2. chithrasathish

chithrasathish Senior IL'ite

Dear Shyamalabala,

Since my husband will returning home only around 9PM (UAE time) meaning - around 3.30-4AM (Adelaide time) - I did not want to disturb you in those odd hours...If its ok, I will ask my hubby to call you from skype. He has sent a add contact msg to you already...

Else, we will meet on friday - let me know time of your conveniance...

Regards,

Chithra Sathish

3. shyamalabala

shyamalabala New IL'ite

Hi Chitra,
    I have just replied to your husband's mail. I hope I was helpful to you both in providing the information you needed. I am available on this friday, so you can call me after 11:00 AM. Let me know if you need anyother info.
    Take care

Regards

4. shareon

shareon Senior IL'ite

Hi all,
    We are planning to migrate on a SS PR visa to SA. We are 3(Hubby, 10 month son and myself). We are all prepped up to believe that life is not going to be easy initially, but sometimes even doubts of making the move arises!
    Eitherways we have come a long way and invested quite a huge amount in the process and its too late to let go.I am looking for help with any of you to let us know if they do know someone who can rent/ share their place during our initial transition days. Me and the baby will return in a months time since I have a job to resume.
    Thanks in advance

Sidenote: Shyamala, you've been v helpful.Keep it up!

1 person likes this.
  5. shyamalabala

shyamalabala New IL'ite

Hi Shareon

Nice to know that you are migrating to SA. First of all I would say that you have made a good decision to migrate on PR visa, coz' its really horrible on SIR visa. Personally, I do not know anybody who can share their place (at the moment I am here in Delhi for a month. I shall be visiting B'lore on the 16th Jan'2013 for about 10 days) . If you provide me your contact no. I shall ring you when I reach B'lore. Thanks for your appreciation.

Waiting for your reply.
    Bye TC

6. shareon

shareon Senior IL'ite

Thanks for the response Shyamala, I've PM'ed the contact number.

7. abs2911

abs2911 Bronze IL'ite

Hi shyamala
    It nice to see your helpful replies about Adelaide, truely commendable. I will be coming to Adelaide in April for our first entry and then will be back for good after an yr. Hope to meet you and other Indians there. Is there any Indian community there where we can join, meet once a month or so, socialize??

8. shyamalabala

shyamalabala New IL'ite

Sorry shareon, I could not access internet while in B'lore as I was busy with emergency at family's place. I think I cannot access PM you sent me. Kindly send me messages if you want any information and I hope I will be able to help you. You can mail me on my personal id. You can even skype me. Let me know when you want to talk we can fix a time and chat on skype.

9. shyamalabala

shyamalabala New IL'ite

Hi abs2911,
    Welcome to Adelaide. Its a nice place to live. I shall be happy to meet you when you arrive in April. There are a lot of Indian communities where you can socialize. They do have cultural get togethers, celebrate festivals, screen movies, etc. It depends on you which community you would like to join.

10. abs2911

abs2911 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Shyamala,

Any Indian group where all people from different states or religion come together. watch movies,lunch, dinners events and so on.We are from AP, hyderabad. Married for 7yrs now, have a 5yr old daughter. How long have u been in Adel.My hubby is a Transportation Engineer and I am a Lighting Designer. We both will look for jobs once we are there and also for a house which will be closer to the CBD and hopefully to my daughter's school as well.
    Kind Regards

Abida