1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Migrain: Any solutions?

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by chatkara_tasty, Jun 18, 2006.

1. kavitac7

kavitac7 Senior IL'ite

Hi,
    Go see a neurologist only. They specialize in treating migraine. Imitrex is a medication they used to prescribe for my son previously, nowadays he takes Maxalt at the first signs of migraine and it vanishes in less than 5 min. Try to find out what triggers your migraine: Any chocolates, cheeses, wines, preserved foods????

2. lakshmit

lakshmit Bronze IL'ite

hi kavitac,
    I checked with a neurologist in bangalore for this problem... He said u've to take crocin everytime when it pains... I asked him what is the reason and is there a way to get rid of this without taking medicine..
    he said nobody has yet found the reason why is it coming? Just take the pill. I was not convinced with his reply.. The doctor works in apollo hospital.
    Here in U.S i'm showing and the doctor wants me to do mri scan.. i'm wating for my report..

love..
    lakshmi.

3. sharm1411

sharm1411 Junior IL'ite

Hi

helloyoga saying is correct.

No need of medicine. i was having Migraine because of having problem in the neck. My brother-in-law advised me to do yoga who is a ortho-doctor. Whatever reason may be best solution is yoga. I am doing it for 1 year. Within a week of practice i forgot that i had Migraine.

I done it in Isha yoga center, Coimbatore. They are conducting class all over Tamilnadu every 2 months.

Why i am mentioning that name is they are providing good guidance throughout your life. If you have any doubt you can clarify at anytime. One more specialty is they regularly conducting meeting(called sathsang) and encourage us for regular practice.

They are treating us physically and mentally.
    Try it out. You can see the visible difference in your life

The benefit i have seen in me:
    Having sound sleep.
    I can do all the work pleasantly
    Reduced my tension
    Relief from
    Migraine, neck pain and knee pain
    Memory power increased
    I am managing the thing very well

Last but not the least i had
    polycystic ovarian ( had my menstrual cycle once in 2 month). I couldn't believe my hormone get balanced within 6 month and my period regularized [note: You dont believe Now i am 36 yrs.)

Sharing this because i want everyone to get the benefit of yoga:)

4. sharm1411

sharm1411 Junior IL'ite

i forgot to mention Isha yoga center in US also. If you want more information on isha yoga search for the site 'ishafoundation'