Might Need to Leave to India Temproarily

Discussion in 'Return to India' started by happyperson, Jul 23, 2013.

1. happyperson

happyperson Gold IL'ite

Hello Ladies

We might need to leave to India for 6 months or so, due to some visa issues. Company says they can bring us back in February but not 100% sure. Thinking about the options to do with the car. We have good amount of household stuffs as well. Thinking whether to leave them in storage or sell it.

Especially about the car is my concern. Friends are here with home where we can leave the car. Worst case if we could not come back, can the friends be able to sell the car on our behalf? Please let me know if that is possible.

Need some suggestions. Thanks in advance!

2. happyperson

happyperson Gold IL'ite

No reply :( Hope i posted in the right section.

3. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

Dear Happy Person Sister,

I hope this section could give better replies, BTW what is your thoughts, I guess your would want to go back to US, Bestwishes, sairam

General Discussions - USA & Canada - IndusLadies

4. sweetshreya

sweetshreya IL Hall of Fame

Two of our friends had the same issue. One of them put everything in the storage because he was 100% sure that he is coming back. Other friend, who was not every sure, invited a friend' and his family (who have just moved to US) to stay at their place. So this family is using the house as it is. In case he does not comeback, he will sell the stuff and the car to them.

How old is your car and the stuff? If its second hand, you can sell them and establish a new household again. If everything is new, you can put it all in the storage.

sindmani likes this.
  5. Mridhu

Mridhu Silver IL'ite

I would strongly suggest that you sell off all your stuff and wind-up and when you come back after 6 months start over.

That gives you peace of mind.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  6. breeze01

breeze01 Platinum IL'ite

its always better you handle your things when you can.
    its better to sell off when ur here instead of letting friends handle it, as they will be busy with their work and stuff,

regarding money matter,sellings its always good you do it by yourself to avoid any disputes between friends.

Thyagarajan and sindmani like this.
  7. happyperson

happyperson Gold IL'ite

Thank You friends for your responses! I am also thinking to sell it, unless company provides storage. Our car is new 2010 model. We would get less amount than what we spent :(

Anyways hoping everything works out good.

Thyagarajan and sindmani like this.
  8. happyperson

happyperson Gold IL'ite

Yes Sister. Hope by Sai's grace, we can come back. Om Sai Ram!

Thyagarajan likes this.
  9. HEMASRIRANGAM

HEMASRIRANGAM Bronze IL'ite

10. paptirujvam

paptirujvam New IL'ite

We experienced the same last year in aug 2012.We had bought all the expensive and new stuff in our house.We know that we would come for sure to US even though we sold our new car for a reasonable price to a friend.Rest of the stuff we put on sale.We even took our 2 months new samsung 55 led tv to india through ship.We are back in US in april this year.Its better to sell of the household stuff as you can get everything for the next time in craiglist.We sold our car just to collect money to purchase flat in Blore.You can put small items like kitchen appliances,utensils,crockery,some clothes in carton boxes and give it to your friends to keep in their homes

Thyagarajan likes this.