Messages from wierd men ...

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback!' started by zola, Jun 16, 2007.

1. zola

zola New IL'ite

I registered on this site, because the owners had done such a good job. I saw all the genuine posts by ladies and some gentlemen about themselves, and thought it was safe to give out information about myself, my family, etc.

Well, nothing is really safe, is it? A man who is registered on this site sent me a private message telling that he is happily married, but no relationship is complete, so he wants to get to know me better!

Just because I introduced myself in a website does not mean I am inviting men or women to have a "relationship" with me. I am not interested in "getting to know" desparate people! I am very happy and content the way I am, with what I have.

Is it only me who has got such a message or are there others?

2. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

No,you are not alone.I got some 2-3 private mesgs till date.When you get such a mesg,just forward it to the moderator or Induslady.They will ban that person.No problem,it is a safe site,otherwise we will not be hanging around still!:mrgreen: . Pls don't worry.

4 people like this.
  3. archu

archu New IL'ite

I had the same experiance, was bit shocked when i got this private message froman unknown man, never bothered and just ignored it.

:) archana

1 person likes this.
  4. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Zola,

Just saw this message. It was posted in the "Bangalore" forum and I moved it into the "Suggestions & Feedback" forum. It's unfortunate that you received such a soliciting message. Can you please forward that private message to me? We have a http://www.indusladies.com/forums/forum-etiquette-and-guidelines/1530-zero-tolerance-policy.html where we will ban such soliciting members instantaneously.

Hi Archana,

Just as a reminder, please do not ignore such private message solicitations. If you just ignore their advances, they are sure to try it with other ladies. By ignoring, you are indirectly "allowing" this individual to solicit other members of our community. We should delete these individuals out of the system with their first attempt itself. I need your help in this regard. Thank you Archana.

5. Shobanag

Shobanag Bronze IL'ite

I too received a PM from a male who wanted to be my "friend". I brought it to the attention of the administrator who handled this promtly and banned the person from this forum. Being a new member, I did not check "profile" of poster. I happened to check the profile of this person who happened to be male. You should still be cautious even if they call themselves"female". Please do not ignore such requests - if someone wants to only communicate via PM, there is something wrong there - contact the administrator immediately.

Shobana

6. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Zola,

I am posting again here for the benefit of you and other IL'ites as my earlier response got erased.
    I have been a member in this site from almost the very beginning. I have felt very safe and well in this forum and have revealed much about myself without fear.
    It is true, however safe, there will always be some weirdos who try their luck and try to contact us through pms. Even I have received such messages! But believe you me, like our Induslady says, we have a 'zero tolerance policy' and such characters are banned immediately once it is brought to the attention of the Induslady or any one of the moderators.
    So, next time any such things happen, do contact one of us and be happy and safe and enjoy this wonderful forum.

L, Kamla