1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Mended or shattered?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by AkhilaaSaras, Nov 18, 2011.

1. AkhilaaSaras

AkhilaaSaras Gold IL'ite

I dont know to say whether its my fate or my good time. Everything was delayed due to unknown reasons. Today i was very much brisk and happy that i am wearing saree to my office, even it showered a lot. But i reached the temple late. After worshiping and went to bus stop late. My bus came late. Till i came out from home it was'nt raining but once i stepped out of home my friend started to follow me. Ha ha ha my friend is my rain.

When i boarded my office bus i din't ve place in front except for one seat which was wet. I had no other way than to be seated there. My saree became wet. After sometime a lady got down half the way and paved seat for me. I felt peacefull. Seeing this fate started to laugh out at me:rotfl.

when i hot down in office i noticed by that time i din't bring my ID card. Its the most valuable treasure and proof indicating that im akhilaa. I went to security and said, "Sir, I left my ID card in home, can you please provide me a temporary one?" . He saw if as if i came from some amazon forest and started to blabber "sklddnvsgkjfnvurv" . ! cant understand right. Yes i too din't understand. He don't know my english,, i can't even understand his oriya. There helped my spoken hindi. Some how he understood and said," Id card lost only temporary id, in home no temporary id". Thats his style of English. I felt like knocking me down for rendering the truth. If i have fussed him i would ve got the temporary one. But i din't do that as i need pay 500 bugs!

I was peak in my anger and walked out of my office.I boarded auto to reach the bus stop. On the way i called my GL, PL, my immediate supervisor that i am returning home. It was around 10.30. They dropped another bomb over me stating i should come in noon shift. I said ok and boarded the bus. My fate played foot ball with me. But no goals. Every where i met with the most idiotic creature "traffic".

OMG that time it stroke me that i dont have keys with me. I felt like fainting in bus. Then i called my bus driver and enquired about the noon shift bus timing. It will take around 1 and half hours to reach my home. Already it was 10.45 and reached my sisters's office by 12.30 to get my keys. From there it will take one hour to reach my home. My home route is totally different that auto's meter will become so hot reaching there. Buses wont come there as its one way. I thought of going by nataraja service. yes by walk. I became half as i dint have my breakfast , so dint ve strenght to make war with those auto persons.

I dint have money with me, no atm nearby was working
    too. This made me to decide to go by walk. If by walk it will take more than 1 hour to reach home. No hotels were open too. I statred to curse god and my tears without my permission came out rolling.

You know one when you are in extreme need sure god will help you in some way. God helped me thorugh my office bus driver who was in noon shift. My good time or his unluck i dont know due to last night rain there was traffic everywhere. The noon shift bus was delayed by half an hour.This delay helped me lot.

He was stunned for that time seeing me there as he was the one who dropped us in morning. I said him the story he laughed out loud and allowed me to board the bus and dropped me in my stop. By the time i explained my situation to my peer group that i wont be able to come in noon shift too. They granted me leave.

I came home, took my ID card, kept in my bag, fell down in sofa. Logged into IL.
    Can you say now whether i should feel mended or shattered?:bonk
    I will enjoy anyway as the awaited week end came.
    Have a nice week-end folks!

2. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Taking a friday off and making it a long week-end perhaps? Have fun Akhilaa [please believe that I have no jealousy whatsoever in saying this. :)]!

Interesting to read. Thanks. -rgs

3. AkhilaaSaras

AkhilaaSaras Gold IL'ite

Thanks for the jealous too RGS. In fact i feel for not going to office because each and every minute with my team is pleasure. Ill miss them a lot.

4. Pallavi4me

Pallavi4me Platinum IL'ite

Nice narration.

loved this "My fate played foot ball with me. But no goals". Situations like this happens once in a while and the real maza comes while recollecting & laughing at it after ages.

Pallavi

5. maalti

maalti Gold IL'ite

Nice narration. interesting one

6. Suhaguru

Suhaguru Bronze IL'ite

hey Akhilaa
    Nice narration... I completely understand your feeling of missing work and that too in this fashion.

Why dont you narrate you experience to the concerned team (dealing with ID cards)? - they might change their process for good. Most companies do have the policy of giving one day ID card for people who forget their cards.

7. sandhyasandy

sandhyasandy New IL'ite

hI

Akilaaa.. reminds me of my office days..wonderful days ...& days when i miss my bus and walk to the next bus stop... counting on each and every minute...

By the by I liked definition for ID CARD - -"Its the most valuable treasure and proof indicating that im akhilaa."' ----hilarious

8. vijaya1982

vijaya1982 Bronze IL'ite

Really very nice narration! Enjoyed each and every line!

vijaya

9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Akhila dear good post, enjoyed reading it, have a nice weekend

10. pgraman

pgraman Gold IL'ite

ha ha ha ha ha........akkaa, very nice. superb narration...........

it happens sometime, day before yesterday, i had an exam, usually i go by bike, that day also i went by bike, in the mid of the way my bike got puncture, i don't know what to do, i thought like, will put the bike in any ones house and will go by bus, but i was slowly running the bike and asked a person, is there any puncture shop? he said yes, its near that petrol bunk, i was very happy by hearing such wonderful words.

i went to the puncture shop and closed the puncture. I have a habit that go college earlier, it may be a exam or may be a class, i used to go earlier. that day also i went earlier, my exam time is 9.30 but every day i will reach the college at 7.30, due to the puncture i went that day by 8.10......so that habit saved me and helped me a lot. My friends repeated that "எப்பவும் நேரத்துல வரதுனால தான் டா தப்பிச்ச"

thank you ka........