1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

medical insurance in US

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by vaidehi, Jul 18, 2007.

1. vaidehi

vaidehi Silver IL'ite

hello

Can anyone give me a rough idea of how much an medical insurance for a family(one couple and a 3 yr old kid) of three will cost(per month). We will be moving to us this year and have heard its quite high in US. Is dental insurance sep covered?

any help will be very useful for us.

2. Shobanag

Shobanag Bronze IL'ite

Hi

Medical insurance is very expensive here. Are you moving here for a job? Most employers provide health isurance coverage to their employees as a benefit, either at reduced cost or by contributing a portion of the premium. Typically dental insurance is not covered under medical - you have to purchase that separately. I would suggest that you go online to websites of insurance companies like Blue Cross Blue Shield, etc to see if you can find out. The costs can vary a lot from company to company and also what you want covered. I personally have not had to insurance on my own - my employer provides it - but there may be others in this forum who may be able to help you out more than me.

Shobana