1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Measuring Love!!!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by vidchakra, Jun 20, 2011.

1. vidchakra

vidchakra Platinum IL'ite

Today I happened to receive a spam mail, the subject read "Love Calculator". This made me write this blog.

I remembered my college days as soon as I saw this mail. During my college, one of my friend had shared a website link of love calculator. I excitedly entered the names of my parents, sisters, friends (almost everyone I knew) in that website. I was very disappointed when some of the scores were very low. I laugh at myself when I think about this now. So funny, isn't it? How childish of me?

"How much do you love me?"
    "Whom do you love the most?"

These were questions which I posed to my husband couple of years back when I was not so matured enough. My husband being a sweet heart, not wanting to hurt me would say "I love you the most"
    I still ask him these questions, but now jokingly. His answer has not changed.

This incident was also long back during my college days. I and my younger sister always used to compete for my four year old nephew's love. We always used to bug him with the question "Whom do you love more?". His answer used to be "I love both of you equally." When the same question was asked in the absence of other, his answer was different. "I love you more. But don't tell her, she will feel bad." How very smart of him?

OK, jokes apart. Ours is an arranged marriage and the initial days of marriage were very difficult. Both of us took time to get along with each other. When I think back I cannot remember when I started loving my husband. It just happened gradually.

We love people in different kinds. But that does not mean that we love someone more and others less. Each kind of love is great in itself.

Is it important to express one's love orally? And what about giving "gifts"? Are these ways of measuring the amount of love? Can we measure love by calculating how many times a person said "I love you" or how many times he/she presented gifts? These things seem less significant to me now.

[​IMG]

Love is not a "thing" which can be weighed or measured. Its a feeling. There is no formula to calculate love and it just cannot be measured. Neither can we define "love". "Love" can only be enjoyed. Loving a person or being loved by a person, both are joyful.

Love is infinite.

"The measure of love is to love without measure."
    St. Francis de Sales

PS:This blog is just my point of view.

[​IMG]

2. mssunitha2001

mssunitha2001 IL Hall of Fame

Nice blog vidchakra...!!!!!!!!!!

True love cant be measured and you have summarised it so well in your own style !!!!!!:thumbsup

[​IMG]

"Some have a lifetime...
    Some have a day ....
    But
    Love is'nt something....
    You measure that way !!!!!!!!!!!"

-Anonymous

3. SARASVADIVU

SARASVADIVU Silver IL'ite

Hello vidu,

A very thoughtful blog there..how well said..true love is always immeasurable and no calculator in the world can even give a try to measure the same:bowdown

Keep more such coming vidu!!

Cheers,

Saras

4. vidchakra

Thanks dear sunitha for the nice comments!!!
    Wow!!! Love the pic you posted.... And the quote is great too...

5. vidchakra

Thanks dear Saras for dropping by with your lovely comments!!!
    Glad you liked the blog:)

6. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Very glad to read this refreshing blog of yours Vidchakra.

"If you ask me to explain,
    How much I love you dear,
    I would always refrain,
    For I don't know too, dear."
    - a lover's quote.
    Thanks. -rgs

7. sreemanavaneeth

sreemanavaneeth Gold IL'ite

Hai VC,

Nice Love measurement writeup. It should not be one way traffic it should be on both the side then only the LOVE will be more meaningful.Husband and wife LOVE cannot be measurable always LOVE cannot be measurable. A TRUE LOVE CANNOT BE DEFINED AND MEASURED. My love towards reading your BLOG could not be measurable dear.

8. shobna

shobna Bronze IL'ite

Nice write-up Vidchakra.. Very true that most of the times true love cannot be expressed merely by words. Enjoyed reading it. :)

9. vidchakra

Thanks rgs for dropping by with lovely comments... I am glad you liked it...
    Wow!! Thats a wonderful quote!!!

10. vidchakra

dear sree, you have summed up the blog so well...
    Thank you so much for such sweet comments:)