1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Meadowbrook in Fremont

Discussion in 'Housing in Bay Area' started by stork82, Apr 10, 2012.

1. stork82

stork82 Silver IL'ite

Hi,

The lease of the apartment I currently stay in is going to expire. I have been looking at other apartments, and liked MeadowBrooks so far. Would like to understand the following things:

a)How good is the Indian community there?
    b)Are there Indian stores nearby? If yes, which is the nearest? I understand the Fremont hub is close by but want to know if there is anything closer.
    c) In general what are the rents on single and two BHKs?
    d) It looks like most of the people living in this apartments own them. So I would like to understand if there is a separate maintenance crew in the apartment.

Would really help if anyone could answer the above. Thanks in advance!

2. indianinbayarea

indianinbayarea New IL'ite

a)How good is the Indian community there?

I think there are quite a sizeable Indian population there.
    b)Are there Indian stores nearby? If yes, which is the nearest? I understand the Fremont hub is close by but want to know if there is anything closer.

If you can come to Fremont Hub then you can come to Namaste Plaza which is near Smart and Final. or Bharat Bazaar which is near Bay St and Fremont Blvd. There are other indian stores too

Click this link :-

Indian Grocery Stores in Fremont, California, Fremont India Store
    c) In general what are the rents on single and two BHKs?

I think Meadowbrooks is a condo community, normally 1 BD will cost you around 1300 to 1500 and 2 BD will be upwards 1450. I am talking about condos for rent. Condos that people buy and they rent it out. Good apartments ( like avalon, mission peaks are costly)
    d) It looks like most of the people living in this apartments own them. So I would like to understand if there is a separate maintenance crew in the apartment.

Yes since it is condo community, most of them own it or there are tenants there. There is no maintenance crew. They pay something called HOA. Depends what the HOA fees cover. If you rent from the owner, you will have to ask the owner " What is something does not work. Who will pay for that" for e.g say the garbage disposal does not work or say the toilets are clogged etc. I am sure the owner will say one of the 2 things
    1. You repair yourself or find someone to repair. Then adjust the cost in the rent
    2. Don't repair yourself. Call me and I will see what can be done.

3. stork82

stork82 Silver IL'ite

Thanks a lot IndianInBayArea! I have been looking at other condos and family homes too...AdobeHills looks really good! Especially the surroundings and the amenities there are world class to say the least. If it were'nt a condo, I would have instantly taken it , because with a condo, I am not sure how the maintanence problems will be addressed. It is obvious that the tenant has to do more running around in cases like these...especially when the owner says that if the problem is caused by the tenant, the tenant fixes it ...else the owner does...This is too vague because it gets difficult to categorise what is human caused and what is machine caused. LOL. Like for instance , a dishwasher failure could be because of the appliance being too old or because of mishandling by the person operating it. No one can for sure say what caused the failure! Just giving an example, but u know what I mean...In the apartments, if u hit a similar issue, it gets fixed by the crew in less than 15 minutes, no questions asked. :). So my husband and I are still contemplating on whether it would be worth taking the risk and going for the house considering that everything else about it is simply too good, or stick to the time tested apartment style renting. Oh and the condo comes with a huge deposit too! But then the apartments also do, these days! So confused!

That said, I must add that the place we stay in currently has no in unit laundry, but is an extremely spacious and bright 2 BHK, at walkable distance to the Indian store. The apartment amenities are very good, and the office/maintainence just cannot be more helpful. If we renew the lease now, we also get the advantage of not having to pay as much as anyone coming in here for the first time. But the condos we are looking at, are definitely not spacious (this can be overlooked with slight adjustments), are not at walkable distance to the Indian store yet they are closeby to be able to reach the store in less than 10 mins by car, but have a very tight security. They also have the laundry facility within the unit. So it is a matter of weighing the pros and cons before we decide on anything finally.. :)

4. indianinbayarea

indianinbayarea New IL'ite

Yes I agree with you. If you need additional information let me know.

5. ravinarang81sf

ravinarang81sf New IL'ite

I am in Fremont area.. would love to know few girls around..