1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

me! my hubby! and exercise!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by vidyasundar, Oct 23, 2007.

1. vidyasundar

vidyasundar Bronze IL'ite

Dear Veda sir,

yengaluku mattum asaya enna to bother you people we are doing it for your well being right. yellam unga nalladhukkaga.........

regards
    vidyasundar

2. vidyasundar

Dear Bala,
    thanks for ur valuable tips sure i would follow it but my hubby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????

3. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Vidya,

HAHAHAHAHAHA.

You lost weight, and hubby is having the time of his life.

Tell him this

Better be fat and fit, than to be thin and sick.

Let him be , Vidya.Even i am fat, at 95 kgs, but hale and hearty.He is comfortable with his weight,let him be.Its good if he is fat, other ladies wont eye him, good for u.Regards.kamal

4. Tamildownunder

Tamildownunder Bronze IL'ite

Dear Vidya,

Very hilarious write-up you have posted.:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

I am also in the same category as your hubby. I started putting on weight while I was in Melbourne. My Japanese friend used to go for jogging every morning and evening and used to call me also. First, I did not go saying 'I don't have sports shoes'. He then forced me to buy sports shoes. Next, I told him 'I can't come in the mornings since I have time only to enjoy my coffee'. In the evening I told him 'I am just tired from work'. Then I told him if there is a nearby gym I will go there. Like this time went and I had to move to Washington,U.S. I was glad to see that the apartment complex where I am staying has a free fitness centre and I did go there few days. But, again I found it is getting crowded so had to drop visiting. My sisters gave me advice to drink a large glass of water in the empty stomach before coffee. I tried and reported back saying there is no visible effect. My sister told me ' what you are saying is like arasamarathai suthittu adi vaithai thottu paarthalam'. She then suggested me to try drinking Chinese green leaf tea. I bought one and found on the cover written ' the tea will make some extra bowl movements'. So, I took the tea during one weekend and true to its advertisement I had to visit the 'resting room' often and I could not go out. So, I dropped taking that also. So, if you find anything working on your hubby please tell me also.:-D

Regards,

TDU

5. vidyasundar

Dear Kamalji

Thank you very much for ur kind support(u find to be self supporting). Il convey this to my Dh and make his day. :biggrin2:

regards
    vidyasundar

6. jaishree9

jaishree9 Silver IL'ite

Oh dear VS
    U have just given words to what I face with my hubby abt exercise .Written in a very hilarious way I really enjoyed it reaing :hiya:hiya but also felt ur frustation ( like me ) of hubby not doing exercises.
    Though my husband is not overwt but I always ask him to do some form of exercises for atleast 30 mts ( so that I can also get some inspirtation ) but he keep promising me from last so many years that yes I wud start from tomorrow but that tomorow has never come.
    Whenever my daughter from hostel asked him papa have u started some walk or exercises he wud say yes beta yes we will start from tomorrow ,ok talk to muma ,She laughes that as soon as papa is asked abt this he promptly hands the phone to mum
    Bye

7. vidyasundar

Dear TDU sir,

:hiyaso you all are in the same boat. let me start a fitness centre in that boat and make you people do exercise.. vida poradhilla:biggrin2:

8. Tamildownunder

Tamildownunder Bronze IL'ite

You have already started the excersises with your witty response making me walk upto the computer table, bend and type this post. :-D

Regards,

TDU

9. SupriyaDinesh

SupriyaDinesh Silver IL'ite

Its a topic that can be discussed to the greatest extent without conclusion.Let me tell my story.Im a exercise fanatic along with dieting.From the time i learnt yoga(around 7th std) i havent stopped doing it.If i dont do exercise for a day i feel guilty.Though every one says i dont have the necessacity to exercise i cant stop doing it.Its like brushing teeth every day.My parents also practice yoga and exercise in some form.
    Here goes my hubby's life style.. the mere mention of yoga or exercise will make him :crazy(though he is not over wt his family has history of BP). its something alien and only aliens do.From the day we got married i tried to motivate him.No way..he wouldnt budge..Now i have stopped telling him.
    I though atleast i can give him diet food.He prefers rice items at night.If i tell shall i make idly/dosa/chapathi he'll say "why r u torturing me?" :mad: He'll make me feel as if im pushing him to hell by giving these food items.I dont have any other option ,let him his way.
    After gr8 analysis,i came to a conclusion.. food habits and exercise can be motivated only by parents and not by spouse.Its my MIL and FIL's negligence in this area.They should have made their son do this.
    So dont worry, for those whose spouses dont exercise.Its all not our fault.Let them their way.

10. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Hello Ilites
    Wonderful article. Excellent. So much enjoyed readind all the posts.
    To add my 2 cents; my husband has maintained weight since the day i married him which is almost 24 years ago. most of this 24 years say 99.9 ercent i have cooked for him so know very well how he eats what he eats when he eats. So you would think i would have learnt a thing or two. :notthatway: i have doubled (read tripled) in size since marraige. so dear husband wonderful person that he is to this day has never nagged nor insinuated that i lose weight. And i try and try. I exercise every day watch what i eat but am stuck. as someone mentioned earlier i am healthy or think tht i am. But he has endeared himself to me with his niceness. My whole family comes walking with me or biking or any activity. he even plays tennis with me. But I still am overweight. Husband has chosen to look at the real inner me instead of fat outer me, i think!!