1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Me lucky or unlucky

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Dec 17, 2011.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Sometimes we must be hurt in order to grow,Sometimes we must fail in order to know, Sometimes we must lose in order to gain Because some lessons in life are best learned through pain.Have a blessed day !- Author unknown

Life gives us new experiences everyday. Today I had different kind of experience. Usually today being Saturday me and my dh go to Navagraha temple. He went to Bhakta Sangam temple for Rudrabhishekam. I thought before going to Navagraha temple let me go to the Doctor. Two days before I told my dh I want to visit the Doctor as the leg pain is not going. He said not necessary it will be alright soon. I dont want to disobey him as I am a very obedient wife and without his permission dont do somethings. I know if he does not agree the work I take up wont be successful. Same thing happened today. I thought let me go to the Doctor and tell him later. But my bad luck when I went the Doctor's clinic was closed. This shows that God is also not interested in my going to the Doctor and when my dh says no means I should obey him.

Then I went to the Chemist . My sister had told me to take some tablet for any pains. I went and asked the Chemist for the tablet . He said it costs Rs.68/- . I thought whether to buy or not. Dont know whether the Chemist read my facial expression , he told me there is another tablet which is only Rs.20/- and it is also good one. So I took the less price one and after takin gthe tablet the pain seems to have reduced.

From there I went to the temple and told the Poojari to do archana on my name. He did archana and gave me vethilai pakku, pazam and the half cocount. Usually when I do archana in the temple , I give someone the vethilai pakku, pazam. So gave one lady the thambulam with half coconut. First she took it but after sometime she gave it back to me. Dont know what she thought . I thought must be she does not know the value of thambulam. If I had recieved thambulam I would have been very happy. Then I thought might be God wants me to take the thambulam and coconut myself.

I thought I should come home and write about my today's experience in IL. When I logged in to Computer net was not available. Message came Destination host not reachable. Complained to the internet and they said they will get it done. I had to wait till 2.30 pm for the net. So now I am able to share with you all my experience today.

Reading my experience what do you think, am I lucky or unlucky

Trust your heart don't be afraid to reach out to something new.Go ahead get your hopes up even if things turns out differently than you have imagined.You will have tried,you will have learned,you never have to live with regrets.It seems to me what wears us down the most in life aren't the chances we take but the ones we don't take,the dreams we put aside,the adventure we push away.So what ever you want in life go for it an dalways remember no-matter what trust your heart Good Luck- Author unknown

5 people like this.

2. haagesummane

haagesummane Gold IL'ite

Dear viji,
    first i hv a habit of postfixing 'ji'(mark of respect)to any person i address, but i cannot do it for u as it is already embedded in ur name.
    it was a wonderful narration of regular day activity which we are always dependent on certain unseen factors like somebody's approval. When we bypass it, a sense of fear always haunts and any bad thing in that process will be termed as unlucky and regret not sticking to the words.
    But sometimes we fail to understand that the failure is the best companion for good experiences which u said rightly in the beginning.
    This one ended with a beautiful yet strong message to follow the heart no matter what happens. Even if we fall down during the process of journey, it itself will be a new lesson in our life..
    kudos to you for sharing such an article...!!!

Last edited: Dec 17, 2011
    3 people like this.
  3. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Vijima,

Your day has followed the natural law of bad and good, lucky and unlucky having to coexist. Only because of some things that did not work did other things happen which you felt lucky about. Happy to know that the pain is reduced, you got prasadam, your internet got attended to ........ Good things to happen to one during the course of one day, isn't it?

1 person likes this.
  4. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vijiakka
    I don't know if you were lucky or unlucky! But I know that inthe end all was well! And is all that matters.
    May be there was a reason why the doctors office was closed. We don't know. So let's not worry about it. i am glad you got good dharshan and you computer problem resolved.

Like Sats said, everyday is strewn with positive and negative things happening.

Take care and be happy!

1 person likes this.
  5. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

Dear viji,

Hope you are feeling fine and well now. So many things happen to you on a single Day? My weekdays are totally dull in comparison.:)

I too only echo kamalas words, that alls well that ends well .....end result is good so you are lucky indeed.:)

1 person likes this.
  6. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Viji, if something happens differently it doesn't mean that you are unlucky..the reason, we may not know or we will know somedays later too..see the end result now..your pain is gone and the net connection you had got.!
    I echo the words of Satchi and Kamala..days have ups and downs..do not worry.

sriniketan

1 person likes this.
  7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

HS dear you made my day by your first fb. Good you decided to address me Viji. Glad you liked my narration.

But sometimes we fail to understand that the failure is the best companion for good experiences which u said rightly in the beginning.

True

Thanks for your lovely message

8. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

this kind of situation is repeated sometimes on same day, but that doesn't mean one is unlucky so you don't worry. It is told in geetha "whatever is happening, think it is happening for the good" . So all that had happened to you for a good purpose. Glad to know that you got relief after taking the medicine. take care.

9. ILoveTulips

ILoveTulips IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viji ma,

If you would have gone to Doctor, he might have prescribed some injection.. but the leg pain is about to subside by itself, so you are lucky that you didn't had to have the injection. Besides he might also had asked you to take this x-ray that test etc.. you skipped all that...

Yes God wants you to take the thambulam yourself; again you learnt that there are also people who will reject tambulam... I didn't know that receiving tambulam is lucky ma and the giver wants to spread joy thats why she is giving it. I would have returned it too, until I read you blog. NExt time when someone gives me tambulam, i will accept it with smile. So this incident turned out lucky for me, for I learnt something today.

Regarding Internet, you are definitely lucky. You lost internet, and you got it back within hours. Very good provider you got. Even in your earlier blogs you have said you lost intenet connection, you called them, and you got it back within few hours. Even then I thought you should be very lucky. When I was in Chennai I had to wait for even weeks. One other time, some men cut the optic cable in metres and sold it for cheap price. The whole area didnt have internet and the service provider said that that was a huge loss for them and they wont give internet again. After a long struggle we got internet.

Your last message is very good. You are right. The effort we took to achieve something wont tired us, the failure resulted wont tired us; but the long wondering 'what if' tires us and makes us to lose hope. Whats depressing is, by the time we realise we should have done something, the chances would have passed by and it will not in our hands. Give it a try, if you don't have it now, you are not going to lose anything.. right...

Very nice post Vijima... Nice to know about your daily activities... Glad to know that your leg pain has gone... :)
    ILT

10. AkhilaaSaras

AkhilaaSaras Gold IL'ite

Viji aunty hope you are fine always. Luck or unluck both brings us good always aunty, because those are given by god so sure will be favour of us. This is what i read from my life so far. Till then i was the most unlucky in the world. Now all came to me in form of my DH(Goin to be). Those days i was tore into pieces which made me feel why am here in earth. Now i found the meaning of it. You are always good viji aunty, you will get those good inturn too.