1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Would you like to join the IL team? See open jobs!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What can you teach someone online? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

Math / Science tutoring program for kids

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by Roshni, Jun 13, 2005.

1. Roshni

Roshni Local Champion Staff Member Senior IL'ite

I want to put my daughter (3rd grade) in an accelerated course fo Math/Science during this Summer.

When I searched in the web, came across a few online tutoring program for kids US-wide. I feel one-on-one tutoring would be more suitable at this age and prefer such centre.

Any suggestions are appreciated from those who have experience joining their kids in such a tutoring program / centre.

2. uma

uma Senior IL'ite

Kumon program

Hi Roshni,

I have put my kids in Kumon program. They are being coached for Maths, Reading and to speed up Writing.

Classes are twice a week for about 2hrs - I chose one class on a weekday in the evening and the other on a weekend in the morning.

They also get worksheets that needs to be timed and completed at home before they get to the next class. I spend time coaching them to complete the worksheets and it has been very helpful.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2005
  3. sheeba

sheeba Junior IL'ite

Try Sylvan Tutoring programs

Hi,

I recently enrolled my kid in Sylvan program. They offer in-centre and online tutoring program for various grades and subjects.

If interested, check for more details at www.educate.com