1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Mastercleanse Diet - successfully lost 8 kgs

Discussion in 'Indian Diet & Nutrition' started by fatweed, Aug 9, 2013.

1. fatweed

fatweed New IL'ite

Let me begin by explaining what this diet is : It is a type of detoxification and fasting program, which also helps in losing weight.
    The plan calls for you to drink 6 or more servings daily of the lemonade drink. The only other options are a "salt water flush" of 2 teaspoons salt mixed in a quart of water in the morning, and an herbal laxative tea at night, if needed.

A single serving of the Master Cleanse drink consists of:
    • 2 tablespoons fresh-squeezed lemon juice
    • 2 tablespoons grade-B organic maple syrup
    • 1/10 teaspoon cayenne pepper
    • 10 ounces filtered water
    In the original version of this diet, sugarcane juice should be consumed instead of this lemonade drink. Since, sugarcane juice is readily available in India, it makes it easier to follow it.

I followed this diet about a couple of years ago, and lost 8 kgs in 15 days. I used to drink sugarcane juice mixed with cayenne pepper and lots of lemon juice. The appropriate number of glasses to be consumed is between 6 and 12, but go for 6-7 glasses if you want to lose weight. One major problem is that it might not be possible to go and drink freshly squeezed juice 6 times a day. (The juice vendor used to stare at me since I carried around a little box of cayenne pepper with me :p well, he eventually got used to it) The trick for preserving sugarcane juice is by freezing it. Take it out of the freezer and keep it at room temperature for a while before consuming it.
    And if you don't like the juice, try drinking it with the help of a straw :p after a few days I got really really bored of the taste and was left with no other option. and I was very determined to lose weight.

Besides this, there is a salt water flush to be done in the morning. Take 3 glasses of warm water and add sea salt (salt without Iodine - also known as sendha namak, the one used during navratras in India) and drink up at once. In about 30 mins, you will have 2-3 bowel movements. This is a very important part of the cleanse. It detoxifies your body. I didn't take any laxatives, so cant say anything about that.

You absolutely cannot consume anything else besides the juice and salt water. even a single bite will spoil your hard work, and you will have to start from scratch.

Overall it was a really great diet, and I have tried many many :p . I didn't feel any kind of weakness during the whole fasting program, in fact I had higher energy levels. Or maybe it was the weight loss that had uplifted me :)

I did gain back around 1 kg after slowly easing into a normal diet, but that's obviously expected. Its just the water weight. I was able to maintain the 7 kg weight loss for a while, before I fell back into my bad eating habits again:bonk. I am a big time foodie and love discovering new places to eat ( like I used to eat 2 out of 3 meals outside) so, no wonder I started putting on weight after a while. :drowning

Anyways, I would like to end this post by saying that this is a very very good detox diet and you will feel great when you are done! but of course its not a very easy one. Not a single morsel of anything during the whole diet. I have tried doing it again several times, but failed miserably :biglaughBest of luck !!

2. sweetie7

sweetie7 Bronze IL'ite

hi ,
    can you please temme how long to follow dis diet ? i mean for a day???

3. fatweed

fatweed New IL'ite

hi, umm no. You will have to follow it for at least 7-10 days to see some results. I did it for 15 days and it can be safely done for 30 days maximum.

4. sweetie7

sweetie7 Bronze IL'ite

but yo told no solid food when we follow dis diet . how can it be possible .. please help

Last edited: Aug 16, 2013