1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Massachusetts Ladies - Introduce yourselves here

Discussion in 'Indians in Massachusetts' started by hydgrr, Jan 8, 2008.

1. hydgrr

hydgrr Bronze IL'ite

Hello friends,
    Lets use this thread to introduce ourselves such as who we are, what are we currently doing, married or not, our hobbies, dislikes, our interests, where we live in MA, etc, etc.

Let me start off by introducing myself....

My name is Priya. I moved to US 4 year ago on F1 visa and I completed my Masters in Electrical Engg and got married almost 2 yrs ago (this march 15th is our second anniversary). I have a full time job in a financial company in Kendall Square near Cambridge, MA.

I love reading Novels, cooking (although i'm not a good at it [​IMG]),watching TV and movies, listening to music. I also help my friends around here with their first jobs in my
    field and they swear i'm good at it [​IMG]......at least to me

I would love to hear from Others [​IMG][​IMG]

-Priya

2. shinee

shinee New IL'ite

Hello Ladies,
    There would not be a single day I would pass with out referring IndusLadies, may that be for recipes, tips or anything...but never blogged.so let me introduce myself..
    Well I live in Cambridge, MA(near MIT). Married for 4 yrs now,exploring USA for 2 yrs. I love food..both eating and cooking..other than that i njoy shopping, decorating..I also watch a lot of movies and I love going out a lot coz Boston is such a gud place , specially in summer ...I am currently working part-time MIT...and Im visiting India this month..so pretty excited about tht

Hello Priya, Nice seeing u here..where do u live?
    Looking forward to hear from many more friends in MA
    Hey, by the way my name is..Santhoshini

-Have a Good day!!

3. hydgrr

hydgrr Bronze IL'ite

Good to hear from you, Santhoshini. I currently live in Kendall Square but shall be moving next month to MIT campus apts as my husband is doing his MBA there. But i'm scared to moved to campus apts as I'm not sure how the life in those apts is?? Hopefully u shall be having some insight.
    Regarding Boston I definitely agree with u...although its only 2 yrs i have been here but already i have fallen in love with this place.....me too going to india next month for my sister's marriage :)
    Do u by any chance stay in MIT campus apts too??
    -Priya

4. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Common Ladies....
    Introduce yourselves here.
    I am from Boston-Norwood area and living for almost 10yrs in the same location.

~punitha

5. SreSri

SreSri New IL'ite

Hi Punitha,
    Wow…looks like you are the best person that I can approach reg. my queries…10 yrs in Bost…J …means…u shd be knowing in and out….ya?? J

I had some queries reg. the places to stay and reg the schooling if I want to move
    near to <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Boston</st1:place></st1:City>. Planning to move there by around 5 months time from now. I believe
    since the transport is quite convenient, a bit far from the city shd be fine too.
    But I am looking for a good and safe area to rent. Since I have an infant and
    a primary school going kid, we prefer an area with a good school near by as well.
    Last but not least, we love to see some Indian faces around and with some grocery
    shops near by. Kindly advise a few areas with most of (if not all) my priorities above and with average rental rates.
    Tks a lot in advance.

6. puni88

HI sresri,
    I will write in detail to you later.....

7. eternalbliss

eternalbliss New IL'ite

Hi,
    I'm Padmaja.I moved to the US 8 yrs ago.I live in Lowell.
    I'm a full time Mom of two wonderful children,work part-time from home for UMass-School of Health and Environment and am also finishing up my Master's in Health Care Management.
    I love reading,music,and spending some quality time with near and dear.I am a people's person and i love to talk,listen and exchange thoughts with people.

8. hydgrr

hydgrr Bronze IL'ite

come on ladies....is there noone from Mass area. We can use this thread to know about each other

9. puni88

I guess, many ILites are not aware of this thread.....

10. hydgrr

hydgrr Bronze IL'ite

Hi Puni,
    i guess ur right....ppl are using the other thread "anyone from boston area" but tht thread has not just specific to boston tht is the reason i started this one :-(