1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Marudhani Viralgal

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by subhsk, May 8, 2009.

1. subhsk

subhsk Senior IL'ite

Nail Care: We have a separate sub forum for this and that’s great.
    Here is a small flashback story about me and my beautiful nails.
    Devi - my close friend has long, strong and beautiful nails. She shapes it regularly, sharpens it applies different color or nail polish. Her beauty conscious is more focused on her beautiful nails.
    Whenever she does something to her nail, I sit silently watching keenly.
    “ Hey SK, why don’t you to grow long nails and polish it like me “
    “ No pa, the length of the nail adhered in finger should be pretty long so that growing little outside the finger will look nice. So this wont suit me”
    “ Hey yours is normal length and of course will be good if you grow”
    “ My nails are brittle”
    “ No problem, I will give you the tips to make it strong like mine. I will first shape your nails and you can grow it”
    So the desire to grow came in me and I gave her my hand with more curiosity.
    As days passed, my nails grew. Devi checked it regularly. I started following her diet tips for this.
    Enemies and opponents emerged for my nails from nowhere in the form of brothers and sister.
    “See my cheeks, See my hand “ – This is how my siblings started complaining to my parents.
    “No mma I didn’t do purposely, I just seized the book from him, he himself scratched his hand with my nail “ ( ha… why no one believes my this statement ??)
    Warnings to cut short my nails exceeded the limit when this unknown scratch happened with my dad’s hand ( Honestly this is not my fault L - Believe )
    To nature’s surprise, I slept so early by 8 pm when all were chatting. Dad was yet to return from office.
    Suddenly something happened and I woke up breathing fast. Mind was not clear as I was in deep sleep.
    But something I feel uneasy in hand.
    I burst out aloud…………..
    Yes my nails were cut in both the hands … None of the nails were cut completely. All the nails were sticking to finger as if very normal, but I found them they are not normal but sticking only at one end.
    This is the plot of my siblings while my mom was the spectator.
    They were laughing silently seeing my reactions.
    Ahhh… How can I tolerate this barbarism…. Started crying crying and crying as If I will never get a chance again.
    “ Ok leave it, we warned you many times but you didn’t listened. If it hurts yourself some or other day what can we do? Forget it and sleep “ – Amma
    How can she make such a cool statement? Does she knows how much I strained to grow it so long with its brittle nature? I ate even eggs which I hate as advised by Devi.
    I wanted to continue my cry till appa comes to complain this and at least get them scolding and beatings.
    But Where has my tears gone…. I pressed my eyes… mmm no use, but continued sobbing ..
    Mmm mmm mm mmm….
    Everyone got frightened by my perseverance.
    Appa came… Hey… everyone rushed to their bed and pretended as if sleeping.
    I rushed to him and complained crying with no tears.
    “Ok Ok… I will scold them in morning. Don’t have these hanging nails. Cut it off, and grow new ones” – Appa.
    This was enough for me by that time as I was feeling too sleepy.
    But took a strong decision in mind “Will grow big sharp nail and scratch everyone as revenge” .
    After a month, One of my classmate cum best friend Vijay said: “Hey SK , You too started growing nails like other girls ? “
    This was very simple statement; But It highlight the view my close friends have on me and how am changing.
    The very same day once I reached home, I cut threw my nails without any vacillation.
    Till today I don’t grow nails or polish it. Only care given is “ Keep it clean and neat; Apply Original Mehandhi ".

Cheers!!!
    SK

2. swathi14

swathi14 IL Hall of Fame

Hai Sk

Your blog is a place to relax and to read humorous post. You did not disappoint me.

Nice post on nails. Very nice to hear your sibling rivalry and their actions / ur father's reaction.

andal

3. subhsk

subhsk Senior IL'ite

Hi andal..

You are one great person who leave a feedback immediately when you read something. I always wait to read your response once I post blog or message in forum. Thanks for that dear :)

Well.. Coming to my siblings... Ondra raynda.. They have done many such things.
    My strength is 'Kindal paychu' and criticising and laughing. Even a single sentence and a small giggle from me is enough to raise their temper.

Aprom yenna... They all join together and chase me to beat and I have to run and hide behind dad.( adivangum alavauku sathu illayae.... :) )

SK

4. gsaikripa

gsaikripa Gold IL'ite

nice post...i want to share one thing with you.
    en akka ponnu,chinna vayasula maruthani kaiyil ittunda, athai kalaithu vidu endru solluva..after dries it will become red ...athai kandu payapaduvaal..

5. subhsk

subhsk Senior IL'ite

Hi Sai....

Welcome to my blog.
    Nice that you shared your experience here. Its always nice to hear such things.
    Marudhaniya vidvum mudiyala, bayam veraya?? Cute :)

Nowadays Kids especially girls have more beauty conscious when they are too young.

My cousin who is just 4 years old always demands matching stud, chain, bangle.
    She has 'Dora' hairstyle. She herself takes the small white stone bindhi, keeps one in forhead(bhindi place) and two in end of her eyes.
    Yenna sollatum. Thitava manam varum? :) Feel like taking videos of all her activities :)

Good that you shared,.... and Thanks.

Cheers!!!
    SK

6. subhsk

subhsk Senior IL'ite

Hi Ragav,

Welcome to my blog.
    Thanks for leaving your comment here :)

Cheers!!!
    SK

7. Jpatma

Jpatma Silver IL'ite

SK iam too like you.
    All my attempts to grow nails have been a fiasco, so now i just keep it clean & envy others who can grow.
    jaya

8. Nilaraseegan

Nilaraseegan Bronze IL'ite

அடிக்கடி flashback
    வருதே! :)

9. subhsk

subhsk Senior IL'ite

Hi Jaya,

Thanks for the feedback. Why to envy others dear? People who have long nails have more risk than us. They may sometime hurt others or themselves. Also they have to do a lot to maintain the lusture of their nails which they loose due to nail polish. Ours is more clean and rishless (We have to console ourselves like this ) :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

Cheers!!!
    SK

10. subhsk

subhsk Senior IL'ite

Hi Nila,
    Thanks for the feedback. Yes there are many moments of past that I recall and cherish. Feel too good and nice when I share it here. :)

Cheers!!!
    SK