1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Marry, Divorce and live together but as friends!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by kanaka, Feb 1, 2008.

1. kanaka

kanaka Bronze IL'ite

Few minutes ago myhusband narrated an incident about a couple whom we know from childhood ,as children of our neighboring locality
    It was a love marriage. After marriage they went to U.K. Just an year has passed. Now they want a divorce on mutual consent. We are told by the boy's father,that the court in U.K adviced them a divorceo utside U.K, for it is a very expensive affair there.
    They have come to India. The couple stayed with the boy's parents. Marriage has already been nullified. Still the girl lived with her ex-husband and in-laws. After going back to U.K I believe she is staying with the ex-husband's friend. Sorry I don't understand head or tail of this story. Life is stranger than fiction!bonkbonkbonkbonk

2. vijubala

vijubala Bronze IL'ite

Dear Kanaga,
    Thank you so much for taking time to read my looonnnnnngggggg post(an arranged marriage turned into love).But abt these ppl ,now-a-days westernisation causes too much of culture spoil.
    mine was an arranged marriage.but still derive lots of pleasure from it & i can say only in an arranged marriage u get such heartfelt happiness(this is my opinion).Even if u have some small misunderstanding btn the couple we have parents to guide us & we get cleared & again we start a happy life.but in a love marriage,this is not possible b'coz even u get the consent of parents' they r unable to help b'coz the life is chosen by urself.
    But I don mean to say all arranged marriages are a success.To quote here my extended family experience will make sense ,i think.My cousin got married last may 2007,it was an arranged marriage.but they broke up in just 55 days!!!!!! they got divorced,still we r unable to bear the shock.Now she is going to Germany.we have disposed all the house hold articles & given it for a charity.I myself is confused b'coz she is such a nice girl.This kind of incident is first in our family.Yet to recover from the shock