1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Marriage tragedies

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by IndainDad, May 16, 2010.

1. bhuvnidhi

bhuvnidhi IL Hall of Fame

I agree with you 100% ,Shilpa!You have said it in a very effective way.

2. maggi99

maggi99 Senior IL'ite

Its men like you who turn out to be abusive husbands and non supportive when wife undergo something like PPD. Only when you are in that position you will feel the pain.

3. rastor

rastor New IL'ite

Millions of woman go through depression but they don't throw their babies in the water. So don't equate this woman with the vast majority of woman who endure depression & still do their best to make a family for their children, it's insulting to them. I find the idea that they should 'go back' to becoming a 'family' totally offensive especially given that the well-being of the child is at stake.

And you should cease Ad hominem attacks.

4. maggi99

maggi99 Senior IL'ite

rastor, Well thats exactly i was thinking about you and you said it. You think that 1000s of women give birth and they take care of their kids well. Well do you understand that each and every body is different and something that works for 1000s doesnt work for the 1001th person.

Look to put it simple Millions of persons get headache and should they all be treated alike and so just 1 brand tablet would do but why N number of brands and varieties and why at all a doc is needed to diagnose something like head ache ? Every body is different.

In India usually when a child is born there are relatives around to take care. But abroad its only you who have to take care irrespective of having all the facilities its only the women who has to do all the work and have sleepless night nursing the baby and also taking care of the older children.

Its just that some people dont get this at all.....

5. flowerlady

flowerlady IL Hall of Fame

Whatever the reason the woman cannot be forgiven for throwing the baby in the river !She could have left her with the father/ or some public place where it could have been taken care of and then jumped into the river if she was so desperate.
    I fail to understand why parents take the lives of their kids when in trouble.
    No father or mother has the right to take the life of their offspring whatever the reason.
    Even the very poor take care of their kids somehow , love them and give them a sense of security.
    Maggi99 most of the Indian parents have their babies in the US so that the kid gets US citizenship and later crib and cry that their was no one to help etc. Its a choice which they make and should not grumble about the lack of post partum rest and relatives helping out .

Last edited: May 17, 2010
  6. bhuvnidhi

Flowerlady,With due respect to what you said I think this mom when she wanted to commit suicide , she wanted to take her kid also along with her.The reason being , if the kid is left alone the kid has to undergo a hell after the mom dies(that is what a mother feels.It is true to a major extent).

She does not want her kid to undergo all those pain and hence decides to take her with her when she dies.That is the reason we see in newspapers every now and then that " a mom commits suicide along with the kid" incidents.We all very well know the fate of children who do not have a mom.

Believe me, every mom has "that" fear "what will happen to my kid if I die".

7. maggi99

maggi99 Senior IL'ite

Some acts thats done in anger cannot be reversed.

8. maggi99

maggi99 Senior IL'ite

Bhuvindhi, i wanted to tell this but restrained. Thats true what you said about WHY do they take kid.

Many would not feel this justified though

9. riya123

riya123 Gold IL'ite

I so agree with that thing what you said on non-physically abusive husband.. Motherhood is one of toughest challenges for a woman.. Especially just after delivery when your own body is recovering.. I can count on my horrible experience after my first child was born.. Counting on those experiences i fear having a second baby now.. I think i am living a decent life today only because i was taken care off by my parents.. If i had to live on my own, after delivery, i dont know what i would have done to myself, given the merciless and wicked behavior of my husband and in-laws.. Though there was no physical abuse, their apathy itself was sufficient to tear me apart..
    So, it is very important to have atleast one loving and caring person around you during that time.. Otherwise, such disasters could result..

10. bhuvnidhi

Maggi , I really do not care if people feel justified or not.Because what I said was from my own experience.When we were travelling on a highway in car last year , we had a terrible accident and luckily all of us survived with just bruises.Our car just hit the tempo in the front(4-5 cars were involved in that accident).You know what had it been a big lorry at the front , all of us (adults) would have gone due to the height(god forbid) and only my kid would have survived(since she is very small).This very thought makes me shiver.Even while typing this I am shivering.I did not want to say this in public forum but this thread reminded me of that incident.

I hope all of us heard about the Libiya plane crash.Only one boy who is 8 year old survived.While we were discussing this in our office , a lots of them (men too) made a similar comment.Why did god punish that small kid?He could have taken this kid as well.

Only a mom can understand what is good and safe for her kid.

But I am not advocating for this mom as we do not know the reality yet.