1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

marriage means wasting your life for others

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Ishika84, Feb 25, 2014.

1. NamasteIndia

NamasteIndia New IL'ite

The world 'liberal' has been prostituted beyond measure. Replace it with frivolous. With such an attitude marriage cannot and will not work out.

People who're getting married should be averse to divorce as an option. Marriage isn't a bed of roses and people with frivolous attitudes should refrain from getting married. Issues crop up every now and then in marriage and in life. How exactly is living together for 'x' number of years before marriage going to ensure a better marriage?

While the West is trying to fix up the institution of marriage we're unwilling to learn from their mistakes. Please read the comments in the news article below. Liberals are being thrashed left, right and centre!

Decline of marriage: Just 4million homes now made up of husband, wife and children | Mail Online

1 person likes this.
  2. darmesh

darmesh Platinum IL'ite

The number of live-in couples in India is incredibly high , to the extent that Indian Legal system has enacted Laws for these couples. As you said, separation laws etc are the same like married couples. Even laws about domestic violence is also as applicable as it it to the married couples

3. NamasteIndia

NamasteIndia New IL'ite

Please cite data to prove your point. I've lived in 3 cities (Mumbai/Pune/Bangalore) and never come across a single live in relationship.

4. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

I don't think it is so. The term liberal means just that.
    That is your opinion. I don't get how people think they have the right to tell who should get married and who should not. People should learn to let other adults have their views and how to live their life. People who opt of alternate lifestyles do not tell others how to live their lives. The x no .of years help them in making an important decision in life as against jumping into a marriage with a person they don't know. They don't go around telling people to not jump into marriage with strangers chosen by their family. Live and let live.

That is just such a big generalization.....may be we should pay more attention to fixing the mistakes in our so called perfect traditional marriages and there is enough there to fix there. There are better ways to spend time than wasting it on reading comments on articles .

3 people like this.
  5. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

The fact that laws have been made is enough to tell that there are enough number of people and their needs to be taken care of.

1 person likes this.
  6. NamasteIndia

NamasteIndia New IL'ite

I had to sleep but I'll sacrifice some of it to give you a rebuttal without which I'll not be able to sleep gigglingsmiley

Of course it is my opinion. I'm not the Sarpanch of the Indusladies Khap Panchayat who will impose his diktats on the rest of the folks here. I have the right to air my opinion and on one can take that away from me. Besides, my opinions are validated by research studies and are hence factual.

Sure. Live and Let Live while you also let me have the right to have an opinion.

Despite my giving you evidence you make tall claims that go against it. I'll however continue to provide more evidence. (1:35)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwMGNsd3Ibo

There you go making huge assumptions again. No one has claimed that our traditional marriage system is perfect. Is having a live in relationship going to fix the wrong with our traditional marriage system? NO.

There are better ways to spend time than spewing gobbledygook disguised as facts.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2014
  7. NamasteIndia

NamasteIndia New IL'ite

Sure, their needs should be taken care of. Where have I denied that? I'm only asking for data to educate myself. You make too many assumptions and judgements. Live and Let Live please. :coffee

8. honeycomb

honeycomb New IL'ite

1 person likes this.
  9. NamasteIndia

NamasteIndia New IL'ite

You're free to distrust them. They're only quoting official U.K census figures. Besides, the comments are thrashing the liberals/leftists/feminists left, right and centre. You don't trust the British people, do you?

10. NamasteIndia

NamasteIndia New IL'ite

A judge in the UK claims that decline of the nuclear family may have benefits and gets badly ripped by the British in the comments section.

Decline of nuclear family may have benefits, says judge - Telegraph

Some of the folks here will liberally quote the West when it serves their purpose. In other cases they just turn a blind eye.