Marriage Is Over..

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by anika987, Mar 10, 2024.

1. Ragavisang

Ragavisang Gold IL'ite

Shall We Dance? (2004 film). Read the plot in Wiki. Looks like a weekend feel good movie.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  2. steve

steve Platinum IL'ite

It's called dead bedroom!

look at what you have. You are good friends...too familiar with each other and too predcitble and probably set in ways...even very predictable and routine in bed.

Look at what you have and spice things up. Take vacations...be a bit creative and non routine. Have fun... be bold..sexy and uninhibited (at your comfort level)...

Your marriage is not over if you can discover marriage 2.0!

Last edited: Mar 14, 2024
  3. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Finest Post Winner

Anything that opens the closed doors-music, dance, reading, writing, flirting, you name them.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  4. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Finest Post Winner

The dialogues in this movie were repeated by the would be daughter in law of Mukesh Ambani
    https://fb.watch/qQFA7-YuLn/

5. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Have watched this one
    ..lovely movie

6. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan Finest Post Winner

I presume marriage remains intact and it can’t be considered over from legal angle unless and until the couple separated by a legal order.

Among couples, after attaining the middle age either of them may experience
    Hormonal changes or imbalance, out of shape, overhaul body stature sizes be from double x to treble x or XL etc. & pressure of parenting is hard on mom than dad et al and one or more of these could be a reason for lack of interest.

Many couples after their children grown up continue to love each or hate other but devoid of intimacy . That could be platonic or mutual responsibility or the onus.

There could be many reasons for menfolk to lose interest due to lack of libido or some profound distraction or something that needs council and “repair” as well. Even Phimosis can be repaired.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2024
  7. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

@anika987,

Normally, I won't participate and give my opinion on threads on this subject. Since it might be a subject that might be in the minds of many but are not open to discuss about it, I sincerely express my gratitude to you for openly discussing what is in your mind for the benefit of others.

I am sure you have heard the term "familiarity breads contempt" and many times, close proximity in a spousal relationship makes each other take it for granted. It is imperative for both couple to indulge in watching the needs of each other. After certain age, it transitions to greatest buddies who care for each other. As long as he has a smile in his face, ready to make you laugh, willing to do activities together, expresses his love and gratitude for your company, and cares for your well being, you can't consider the marriage as over. Couples evolve and have different interest as they age and it doesn't mean that they have no love for each other.

You can always express your feelings to him in private and ask him about his thoughts about it. But when you discuss it, please ensure you express it in a fashion asking his opinion more than demanding a solution. Alternatively, you can always meet a marriage counselor to find out how to handle it in the best interest of both of you. It is a difficult subject for both a man and a woman to handle and you have to handle it with sensitivity involved. Ideally, it is best if it is through mutual discussion than through a marriage counselor.

You can also focus your attention to other mind-diverting tactices such as engaging in a hobby, mind-altering developmental activities, learning something new, watching shows that are of interest to both, an unique dinner plan that gives some personal time for both of you and so on. Participating in parenting itself is a great act of love for the family. You can even request him to do some domestic help, if he is not already doing, to validate his care for you.

My intention is not to diminish your thoughts and it is common to expect expression of love among spouses. Many times, it is expressed in ways that are not recognized by each other. You have lived together long enough and I felt it is not appropriate to suggest anything here. However, since you asked for opinion, I decided to write here. It might not be a solution you expected but it is my humble view that midlife crisis is not uncommon among the couples. Knowing this, many writers have discussed it in various languages at length so that people can relate well with this subject.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2024
  8. paru123

paru123 Gold IL'ite

Yesterday, I watched Hey Sinamika, and I just remembered your post, while seeing the first part of the movie where the husband is overly talkative and the heroine is just fed up and wants to divorce him. Though the first part of the movie was boring, the ending was good. The hero was put in a tight spot but glad that he chose his wife over the other lady.
    If your husband been always like this right from day one of your marriage, then there will hardly be any change in his behavior unless you take some drastic steps. He is got so set in his ways that its very difficult to change it now. You need to divert your mind to something else.

anika987 likes this.
  9. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan Finest Post Winner

@Viswamitra Sir
    your response is sure to be felt as a feather touch and breath of fresh air. This sure to find a place in FP of the month and I second here the nomination by @maalti

Rihana and maalti like this.