1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Would you like to join the IL team? See open jobs!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What can you teach someone online? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

Marriage Certificate

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by seenupras, Mar 14, 2007.

  1. seenupras

    seenupras New IL'ite

    Likes Received:
    Trophy Points:
    I need help and advise on how to obtain a marriage certificate of our marriage that took place in 1986 at Chennai. My wife and I have been residing in Mumbai since 1988. I need to obtain a marriage certificate for obtaining a visa to visit US. My queries are:

    1. Do I need to go to Chennai to get the certificate?
    2. Is it mandatory for husband and wife to be present together for getting the certificate?
    3. What documents do I need to submit?
    4. Should the witnesses be some one that have attended the marriage?
    5. What address proof should I give? The one at Chennai at the time of marriage or the current address at Thane?
    6. Can I get the certificate from Thane/Mumbai without having to go to Chennai?

    Kindly advise.

  2. sunikris

    sunikris Bronze IL'ite

    Likes Received:
    Trophy Points:
    To obtain marriage certificate u have to go to Chennai only.

    1.in Chennai Muncipal registar office u can get that.
    2. U , ur husband & 2 or 3 members for witness.(for witness u can ask ur relatives preferably GOVT.employees)
    3. there u have to show them ur 10th class cetificate for DOB & Ration card for address proof.
    I think u can give care of address also.& ask them in office..there might be soem alternate rules too
    4.Ur marriage photos & wedding card.
    5.Importnat..make sure that ur& ur hubby name is same in both wedding card & 10th class certificate.
    6. U guys need to fill up one application & have to sign infront of the particular officer, along with witness guys.
    7.by the same day eve or next day u will get Mariage cerificate

    we indians have very big names..that we will ignore to mention on educational nominal rolls & but we include names in Weddingcard ...so
    they will object these diff names on certificate & wedding card..
    If ur's is diif names & then print one new wedding card..of ur marriage now with no mistakes & submit.
    This is all procedure in AP. I believe same procedure in TN.
    plz enquire in Chennai registar office
    What i have given is minimum procedure in all states.
    Will wait for otherpeople responses.

    Hope thi shelps u
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2007

Share This Page