Marriage Certificate in English Required

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by SamidhaRS, Sep 28, 2012.

1. SamidhaRS

SamidhaRS Silver IL'ite

Dear All,

I come to know from one of my friend that if your marriage certificate isnot in English, it gives u problem in getting visa. Is it true? If yes, How to get Marriage Certificate in English?

Our certificate is in Marathi & my friend is saying that it will be problematic for us if we plan any foreign trips.:-(

2. Padmash

Padmash Platinum IL'ite

i dont have much idea. But yes if it is in regional language it needs to be translated in English. You ask from some expert. But english translation is accepted in the form of international notary. I think international is provided in Delhi. May be some epxert in the site can advice you better.

3. SamidhaRS

SamidhaRS Silver IL'ite

4. OCdesigirl

OCdesigirl Gold IL'ite

Exactly as Padmatvt said, have it translated and notarized. We had a similar issue with birth certificates.

5. ILoveTulips

ILoveTulips IL Hall of Fame

There are lots of well experienced people who can translate these documents to English. Usually in Collector's office, they will do it and also get it notorised. It wont take more than a day. And the cost differs. Some charge INR 100 per page, some charge for every single word. Former one is cheaper.

6. SamidhaRS

SamidhaRS Silver IL'ite

Thanks People :)
    Great Help...

7. Padmash

Padmash Platinum IL'ite

hi Tulips,

dear are you sure that if we get it done in any collector's office and get it notarized it will be accpetable abroad too for documentation. Because when i was enquiring these things i was asked to get international notary from delhi.

8. navis

navis Gold IL'ite

Hi samidha

if ur translating and notary u rmarriage certificate in maharashtra. get it attested along with ur joint( husband and wife)photograph clicked together.and get it attested with the help of an passport agent.this reduces the risk while applying for visa and passport for kids.

1 person likes this.
  9. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

marriage certificate has to attested in maharastra state department or whichever state it was registered and then done from the ministry of external affairs.. language will not be an issue. but you need it to be attestated for visa purposes. if you find it difficult you have lot of agencies that do it for a fee today..

10. SamidhaRS

SamidhaRS Silver IL'ite

Thanks Navis, Good idea to take help from passport agent.

Hey Shanvy, thanks dear. When I google for this topic, I have also read that we need to apostille it from ministry of external affairs.