1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Marriage-at-no-sight

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Veni77, Aug 19, 2011.

1. Veni77

Veni77 Gold IL'ite

This happened just soon after our wedding. We went for a get-together with his old friends. One of them (who didn’t meet DH after college days) was asking,” was yours a love marriage?” Before even we answered, he looked into both of our eyes and asked, “Was that a ‘love-at-first-sight’? “ Then DH looked at me strongly. That meant a lot to me.
    He teasingly told them it was a “marriage-at-no-sight”!!!. Oh...Now, everyone looked at me with confusion. He is always like this, putting himself under a blanket saying, “man of few words”. I am after all there to explain everyone around what he meant... (History of the event, geography of the data…)
    Ok...coming back to our story of “Marriage-at-no-sight”. First of all, it was an arranged marriage...he came with his parents and close friend for theபெண் பார்க்கும் படலம். Ladies of the event (My mom, my close friend and my MIL) sat in a room and we were chatting. Yaah, I used to talk a lot (my pet name in college used to be “Chatter box”)…I was very much interested to tell my MIL about our trip to Tirumala, our office policies, Chennai autowallahs…blaah blaah…
    All the men (my Dad, FIL, DH and his close friend) were sitting in the hall and were discussing the economic growth, money value, future of IT industry, automobile industry, and then our close relatives (like my uncle’s second daughter’s in-law’s third cousin’s MIL’s onnuvitta brother) who were working in the same company as my DH’s. Being a very shy and reserved person, DH also couldn’t ask them to stop and bring the girl.

Luckily, we don’t have the habit of girl serving snacks and tea for the guy’s family. Even if it had been there, I wouldn’t have done. What’s there? My father will not do anything against my wishes!!J So, my Dad took over that role too. DH waited patiently for nearly 2 hours and after that I guess my FIL felt in the corner of his heart that they are deviating from the topic. So, he announced that they need to leave. Only then my father realized (?!) that DH didn’t meet the girl at all. So, he called me. I had come outside to say bye for them. By then, my father was asking some questions about the route which they should take on their way back home etc., So, being not very good at multi-tasking, DH was explaining to my father sincerely. By then, I rushed to the girls’ room to say bye to my MIL. So, literally, he didn’t see me.

Only after our wedding, I came to know that he had big plans for theபெண் பார்க்கும் படலம்like; he wanted to talk to the girl, to share his interests, to know her acceptance to marriage etc., but, poor guy, didn’t even get a chance to see the girl. So, after they reached home, he asked for the girl’s photo. My MIL said that, we will ask for the photo during the engagement JJ… It seems he told his close friends that, “my marriage is fixed before even seeing the girl…but, for the sake of it, my parents took me to the girl’s house”…That’s why he calls it as marriage-at-no-sight!!!! LOL JJ

2. shobna

shobna Bronze IL'ite

Very funny one Veni! a different a cute experience though!

3. tuffyshri

tuffyshri Gold IL'ite

nice. must be very nostalgic for you :)

4. Veni77

Veni77 Gold IL'ite

Thanks dear Shobna for your comments...:)

5. Veni77

Veni77 Gold IL'ite

yes..it was...thanks for dropping by tuffshri...:)

6. sreemanavaneeth

sreemanavaneeth Gold IL'ite

HaiVeni,

correctly named and well said by your DH Marriage at no sight. From your blogs itself i am able to guess you are an active person how it happened to you??? Anyway whateverf has happened was good. I wish for your super duper blogs popup more in our proud IL Blog. O.K.:thumbsup

7. sojourner

sojourner Silver IL'ite

This was funny. My wife liked it even more than I did.

8. shashiv

shashiv Gold IL'ite

Dear Veni,

A different kind of experience with full memories which can teasured forever.. A beautiful blog from you..Enjoyed it...

Shanti

9. Veni77

Veni77 Gold IL'ite

Thanks for dropping by Sree...Actually, My MIL met me separately before that itself and I was very comfortable with her..a very practical lady..that's why my DH now also says in this house, only Meenakshi rules :rotfl

10. Veni77

Veni77 Gold IL'ite

Thanks for dropping by! :)