1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Marriage anniversary approaching-Very Tensed

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by coolpinky, May 24, 2012.

1. coolpinky

coolpinky Platinum IL'ite

Hi,
    My first marriage anniversary is on this weekend. My mother called my DH yesterday to invite for lunch on our anniversary day.
    My DH refused and said to my mom that he has not planned anything for the day and so on. Then my mother requested him to atleast
    apy a visit to her on the day for atleast an hour. He said that he cant make it and he has to decide upon that. My mother is feeling sad on this issue,
    but she doesnt want me to pick up this issue with him and end up in argument. So far he has not discussed anything on how to spend the day.
    According to the response from IL I also prepared a greeting card on my own for the occasion. I am very tensed on how the day is going to turn up.

2. superwoman09

superwoman09 Gold IL'ite

Hi coolpinky,

Maybe he has some other plans for you. Or just that he must be wanting to spend time with you alone without anybody else around. Do not worry. Tell your mom that if you guys cannot make it that day you will surely come by soon, maybe the next weekend. She will understand that you guys need some time alone this being your first anniversary.

3. freddycat

freddycat Platinum IL'ite

Coolpinky,

My hearty wishes to your first marriage anniversary. Just go with the flow, and enjoy your weekend.

4. pinky6

pinky6 Platinum IL'ite

Cool Pinky ……. If you guys have good understanding and true love for each other……..then each day is an anniversary day.:kiss
    Even my 10<SUP>th</SUP> wedding anniversary is approaching ……. But In all these years we never celebrated our b’days and anniversaries as a big event coz for us everyday is a special day …..Even after ten years we still feel that we are newly married.:) I never wait for any events to come to express my love……. I use to send him E-cards when ever I feel like sending it.
    Instead of getting tensed try to build a good relationship with your DH, ask him his plans for the day and decide……..if he doesn’t like to celebrate, then don’t force him. its is only a 1st anniversary, so you got lotttttttt more years to celebrate, don't get rensed and don't worry, celebrate your day with your dh happily.
    wish you all the best and a happy anniversary.:thumbsup

2 people like this.