1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Marriage Alliance - Expecting financial support from the bride by working

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by zoomitup, Jan 11, 2014.

1. zoomitup

zoomitup Senior IL'ite

Thanks a lot. It was a relief to read your comment.
    I felt the same way. I don't want to get into a deadlock.
    At the same time, some where I was sympathetic towards his brother and was re assessing the situation.
    I thought if I am over imagining things. But yes, it looks like a life long commitment to work which I cannot give.

1 person likes this.
  2. zoomitup

zoomitup Senior IL'ite

I am overwhelmed with your response. I admire your positive attitude.
    I was like you. but the marriage search has confused me to such an extent that I have started feeling.. I may not find the man I am looking for with all this horoscope match etc.
    the guys I come across are so disappointing. My parents and friends have started advising me and blame me for the delay.
    according to them, I should be compromising and just marry the guy if horoscope matches and he has a decent job to take care of family.
    But I cannot do that. I am romantic person who loves to travel and explore the world.
    I am looking for someone who can touch my heart, relate to my interests and nature.
    Is it too much to ask for !!!!!
    By the way these days I have thought of skipping the horoscope match and go to the next level of talking to the guy.
    Have to ever thought about it ? what is your opinion on horoscope match. don't you think you will lose on profiles whom you like but are unable to proceed as the horoscopes don't match.

3. zoomitup

zoomitup Senior IL'ite

Thanks to all for your responses. I really appreciate it.

2 people like this.
  4. thegirlygirl

thegirlygirl Platinum IL'ite

Dear Zoomitup,

Nice to hear from you.

I find that our thoughts match alot and we are pretty much in the same situation.

No, I have not thought of skipping the horoscope matching, because I believe in it as much as my parents do.

I am ready to let go of so many other things like looks, age difference, salary etc but somehow inspite of all this my horoscope becomes an issue, most people in our community are very stringent regarding this, and to add to it, i am manglik, which makes it worse!!

I have lost on alot of really good profiles, where the guys parents also like me but just due to the horoscope marriage does not culminate, I feel very bad when that happens............its only natural to feel that way, but I just remind myself that my man is somewhere,the day he comes, my horoscope mill match with him completely, and we will unite with each other.

I completely understand how you feel dear, the feeling of never finding him or the fact that he might not exist haunts me. I feel so left out when i see my friends getting married, that too so easily without any of this horoscope or working non working girl thing..............last year so many of my seniors became pregnant, and I too longed to have a child when I heard of them all becoming mothers. Even when i read posts in the due dates clubs and birth stories here I feel that way, I wish I too could get pregnant. I sometimes, calculate in my mind, what month and year birth club I will belong to!! lol!! When I tell this to my mom she laughs, since I turned 27 just last week, and none of my classmates are pregnant, only some have got married recently.

But you see a woman is bound to feel that way, you're not alone dear.

Just be strong, that is all I can say...........and let me tell you, if you're horoscope matches well with someone, then you are bound to feel some attraction towards him, that is why you still have feelings for that man.......like the guy I told you about, even today I have feelings for him as our stars were matching well, but that does not mean you forget everything else and marry him.

Likewise I don't think if you like someone, you should marry him inspite of the horoscope, as later in your married life you are sure to face problems.

Even if you decide to skip the horoscope bit, the boy's side might still be interested in it, so then you have no choice.............that happens in my case.

Just wait for your man, everything will be just right when he comes.........meanwhile you can do some remedies for early marriage.............why don't you try reading 'Rukimini Kalyanam'?..........I have started reading it these days.

5. thegirlygirl

Please don't compromise on this issue, even with other prospective grooms in future.

In our culture it is the primary duty of a man to provide for the financial needs of the family members, and a man who backs away from this very thing is not worth marrying......he is not even worth your time, so no need to even proceed to the horoscope matching.....you can just avoid this dilemma altogether..............for me I don't think twice about such boys.

Whether to work or not to work is entirely a woman's decision.

A man provides financial support to the house, and the woman nourishes and makes it a home

3 people like this.
  6. zoomitup

zoomitup Senior IL'ite

Hey good to hear from you.. I totally understand.. we both are sailing on the same boat.. just that i started sailing much before you... and still haven't found the shore... Hoping to find it soon though...

We have done lots of poojas.. and pariharams... yeah last time we visited the astrologer.. he asked us to do Rukmini Kalyanam pooja... we would be doing that soon..
    I had not thought of reading it till now.. but it seems to be a good thing .. do you have any link to download.. that..

1 person likes this.
  7. oysterzzz

oysterzzz Gold IL'ite

dear, one gud thing you did was to tell him that you don't have a job right now. very well done. don't worry you'll get your mr.perfect soon.

8. RADIODOC679

RADIODOC679 Gold IL'ite

Sil ill educated doesn.t hold water-what education do domestic helps have-sorry to sound so crass but now-a-days most women do work according to their education status.And this prospective SIL has to work all the more since her better half is a liability already,Ok the extended family has to chip in for immediate needs But for long term one has to work/invest etc...In today's times when people are fighting for 1 rupee such a long term commitment is indeed questionable& for how long????Giving some portion of your salary to family is one thing-Giving away your entire life & money to a third party is totally different thing!!!

Last edited: Jan 12, 2014
    2 people like this.
  9. thegirlygirl

Dear Zoomitup,

Sorry for the late reply..............................don't worry I completely understand how you must be feeling, we started searching for a groom just last year, and even now I am busy with exams and other things, not 100% ready for marriage, even then I break down sometimes and tell mom that if by next year this time I don't find my man, I will loose it and probably breakdown..........and since you started all this even earlier than me I know you have reached saturation point............. its natural dear, to feel dejected............but don't let that feeling last, whenever such thoughts come to your mind, brush them off, and remind yourself that with every rejection and every unworthy proposal you are getting closer and closer to your soulmate................like I told you, consider it a penance, and at the end of it you will surely get your Lord Ram :)

And that day everything will be just right, you will strike a chord with him instantly, horoscopes will match, family approval etc etc..............Its only that one man with whom your horoscope needs to match..................till then if it matches with even none other it does not matter.

I am sending you the link for 'Rukmini Kalyanam'. Read it everyday..............Try also to use the 'Law of attraction.

And yes, I suggest you stay on the forum, it is a wonderful place for Indian women to meet, where we all share our sorrows and joys.........you will get alot of motivation from some amazing people here, and you will find many here in a similar situation as yours.

Rukmini Sandesa|Krsna Dvaipayana Vyasa|Canto 10 |Lord Krishna | Vaishnav Songs

10. zoomitup

zoomitup Senior IL'ite

hey wassup.. what was that law of attraction you were refering to...
    thankfully I am working and it keeps my mind busy most of the day... but once i get back home and see my parents faces... my thoughts change totally...
    they are just waiting for the BIG day.. and some where i feel.. the responsibility is with me to give them happiness through my marriage which is every parent's dream day... to see their daughter get married...
    I am doing my best to stay motivated... and yes I chant mantras to stay calm.. and uplifted... sometimes I feel.. we can just put our best foot forward and rest is destiny...
    only god and time can show us direction... and we have to wait till then..
    Test of patience.. in other words..

Thanks for your words... I wish you find your soulmate asap and not go through the long wait... that i am facing...

2 people like this.