Markets in delhi to buy wedding lehengas!

Discussion in 'Delhi & NCR' started by RiddhimaT, Jun 18, 2012.

1. RiddhimaT

RiddhimaT Platinum IL'ite

Hi there,

I am looking for good and reasonable places in delhi/ NCR to buy wedding lehengas.
    I have heard about Chandni chowk market but they say that you should go to this market with a person who knows the here and about of the shops and the shopkeepers since there is a lot of bargain and duplicacy in material. This thought has really made me scared of even entering this market.

Can anyone suggest me other good places in delhi where we can shop for wedding lehengas and dress materials.
    South Ex somehow seems to be very expensive market but I have no idea, I just hope we have good reasonable shops in south ex, karol baug or Connaught Place.

My budget is around 30,000 rs...don't think I'll be able to buy a designer wear in this budget!

Thanks a ton.

2. MansiS

MansiS Bronze IL'ite

Hi,

You will definitely find something good in karol baug...also, why don't you try showrooms in malls like CTC, or bombay selections or Zara etc....Just do an R&D in the market and I am sure you'll be able to find something very good and unique within your budget.

These shops give a semi stitched lehenga....if that goes out of your budget , you can always take a good dress material and customize it according to your need and budget....for example, you can look for a light dupatta with heavy border instead of a heavy dupatta overall...also, instead of going for a big GHERA lehenga , go for a straight cut or a fish cut that will save your cost.

Its just that, when you'll move in market and shops, you'll find a lot of range and you can decide accordingly.

3. cutemonster

cutemonster Platinum IL'ite

hi for my wedding i did lot of window shopping in delhi also , although in the end i did not buy my wedding lehanga from delhi:hide:
    i went chandani chowk , they have a lot of variety but there is not of bargaining also, they will tell 2 - 3 times the rate and then when u get up to walk out they will follow u and reduce the price.i got my sangeet day lehanga from there and it was around 8, 500. also i got few sarees there. some shop names i remember are apsara in prantha wali gali , i think.
    karol bhagh was good too , CTC plaza near ashram , was bit expensive , i dont think u will get good wedding lehanga there , may be some light work party wear will come in 30,000 budget.
    meena bazar in karol bhagh was good and had lot of variety. there was one more shop i remember , mannat i think .
    some people i knew went to farukhabad to get their lehanga , i did not find any great difference.
    i would suggest u first have a look at all the markets and dont buy in hurry, if u have time do window shopping and then buy.