1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

March of the penguins

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by periamma, Jul 23, 2011.

1. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

March Of The Penguins is a short movie about the life style of Penguins and i had a chance to see this movie.Penguins live in groups and where ever they go they move in groups.During night they put down their heads and it resembles our cricket players who stand in a circle putting their hands around the shoulder of other player,heads bowing down before starting the game.Next the Romantic life of penguins and their love is shown in a pleasant way.After some days the female lay the egg and it keeps the egg in between the legs to give warmth as the surface of the earth is very cold.Then come the climax which is a golden gift for females.The female transfer the egg slowly to the male with utmost care and now it's the turn of the male to keep it safely.Female penguins walk towards the sea almost 70 miles to get food for their babies.They go into deep sea catches fish for their prey safeguard themselves from SEAL and SHARK.

In the mean time sun shines well over the upper surface of the earth and the younger ones come out of the egg and peeps out side.Baby penguin takes food from the father's mouth a white cream like substance.The narrator describes that this white substance is secreting in the male penguin's mouth.
    Even though the male feel hungry it feeds the baby what it has and starves
    without food till the female comes back.After two months females come out of the sea walks back 70 miles and find their partner and children.very nice to see the females gliding over the ice,walking fast to find their mate.That's a wonderful scene when they come near to the male and showing their love by kissing them with the beaks and taking care of the child.

Now i asked god why he has not given such a chance to women and i dreamed our partners with a bulging stomach.women suffers a lot during the period of pregnancy.we casually say it's boon to women. yes it's true but if a child is good the father takes the pride and if not the mother is blamed.

Hi folks i just wanted to share this movie with you all.This is an old movie which was screened five years back and those who are in U.S might have viewed already.

2. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Rukmini dear nice to hear about the story of Penguins. Thanks for sharing.

3. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viji thanks for your fb.How are you my friend?Take care.

4. Coffeelover

Coffeelover Platinum IL'ite

Periamma, Nice detailed explanation about the movie. I never seen the movie. love to watch it now. I am so nice to hear that even male animals take care of the eggs/babies, but humans don't do it. Most of the men don't do much when the wife delivers the baby. It is woman's duty to go through the pain. That is what we brought up with. We need to learn form animals now. I am glad to see your tread even you are busy visiting your family in US.
    we should make our male sect to watch the movie. Hope they learn form that.
    Thanks.

5. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Periamma, it is so heart-warming to hear about the penguins. So much of love and affection even amongst them. I love watching films about them on TV and always envy the people who get to go, see them and film them. What a wonderful profession.

Talking of males giving birth, Periamma, did you know that male sea-horses actually give birth to their young ones? Interesting isn't it?

6. nihasvin

nihasvin Platinum IL'ite

Hi Periamma,
    Thanks for narrating such a beautiful movie..I have never known this side of the penguins...So chicks have got amazing parents..as dad is with them taking care of them and mom is taking risk feeding them...Happy Family!! :)

7. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

Thanks my friend.Male are males.They never change.

1 person likes this.
  8. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Satchi .Really interesting to know male sea-horses giving birth to younger ones.

9. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

Thanks nihasvin. It's very happy to see parents sharing their duty.