Maples High End IT Training

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Cindhuja, Jun 29, 2010.

1. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

Hello ladies,

Hope many of you would have come across Maples - a global IT Infrastructure and Application Solutions Consulting company in Chennai.

I am need of few details about the high IT training provided by them.

Heard that they provide certification courses in Mainframe,SAP and Peoplesoft kind of softwares.They do arrange for good placements too.

Any insight about this please :bowdown:bowdown

Do they train for any java related courses.

Are any of the above suitable for a fresher??? Coz few say that only experienced are placed with the above skill set..so is it worth investing for a fresher??

Awaiting your feedbacks :hiya.Thanks all

2. Priya_Mommy

Priya_Mommy Gold IL'ite

Maples was a famous institue for Mainframes in South. For MF, they charge around 80K, but placement assistance would be provided. But down the line in 2003, few of my friends joined there but left with no jobs. They tried outside and got breaks at later point. I think now, they are conducting campus placements too.
    I too was supposed to join in Maples, but it was a miracle, the day I wanted to leave for chennai I got joining letter from my previous employer where I worked for 3 and half years.

3. sajitha67

sajitha67 New IL'ite

Hi,
    I did mainframe course with Maples in November 2003. The fees was 40K. I would say it was not worth it especially the placement part. Yes they do have placements but you must be lucky enough to even qualify for it. Like i was 2002 passed out and I was not able to attend few interviews because they wanted only 2003 passed out.
    Or sometimes they will say only CSE will be considered. So after 2 or 3 interviews they will start arranging interviews for the next batch.In my batch only 4 or 5 were placed through maples among 60.You will be all left out.Lesson well learnt.But that was the scene in 2003.I dont know about the latest situation.
    Regards
    Sajitha