Mangalsutra on gold chain with a gold connector without yellow thread

Discussion in 'Queries on Religion & Spirituality' started by sathean, Sep 17, 2014.

1. sathean

sathean New IL'ite

Hi,
    please let me know if it is ok to use the mangalsutra directly on a gold chain with a gold connector instead of a yellow thread as connector. Few people I've known have been doing this but I wanted to know your inputs.
    thanks

2. Priya4oct

Priya4oct Gold IL'ite

This is what is trend now a days. If it is not specific to your culture like we (in northern M.P.) must have black beads in Mangal Sutra. I wear mangalsutra which is made in gold chain .

3. prit

prit Silver IL'ite

I am wearing mangal sutra in a gold chain and other things which we add with manga sutra like black beads, pavalam, muthu, lakshmi etch with mangal sutra is connected to gold chain in a gold connector. since am working using yellow thread and changing it often was diffcult. So my mother did it for me.

4. jasmine25

jasmine25 Gold IL'ite

Nowadays most of the married women prefer wearing mangalsutra using gold connecting chain instead of yellow thread as it is comfortable..Changing the yellow thread often is little difficult..i am wearing mangalsutra with lakshmi coin in a connecting gold chain only..